And now?

89pathy3L

88 pathy xe-V6 5-spd 2-door 184,XXX mi

Got some lightweight(lighter than stock) 31X10.50X15's on today and was wondering what the next step needs to be or if it is fine how it is. all the clearances are fine as long as I turn with the bigger tires in mind. I'm not a crazy driver or hardcore off-roader. I do some off-roading but most is commute of about 5 miles tops! it runs pretty well other than being hard to start when its cold but I've figured it out.

What should I be aware of since I have the larger tires?

What should I check?

Do I need anything else?

Thanks. Membership here Rocks!!!

That tire size was actually a factory option on your truck. Assuming you didn't get 12" rims and the offset is around 4" you should be fine. BTW, most aftermarket 15x8" rims I've seen have an offset of 3.75" so you're prolly ok.

If they do rub when offroad just hop out, see where they're rubbing and hack that part off when you get home. :aok:

They are correct. The only issue you could have is if your torsion bars have sagged significantly, but thyey are easy to adjust back to stock levels.

B

Thanks a lot guys! This is great news. I'll just take off the mud flaps, and adjust the torsion bars. Is there a sticky or PM concerning how to do that?

My only concern is the offset. they stick out about an inch past the fenders. it doesn't seem bad just making sure it's ok

Thanks a lot guys! This is great news. I'll just take off the mud flaps, and adjust the torsion bars. Is there a sticky or PM concerning how to do that?

My only concern is the offset. they stick out about an inch past the fenders. it doesn't seem bad just making sure it's ok

in the Garage section go to 'How To' and find 'reindexing your torsion bars'. that should give you all the info you need.

Edited by Precise1
made it legible

BoneZ has sent you in the right direction.

That is fairly normal with wider rims. Look at pictures of members rides and you will find that it is common and generally doesn't pose any problems.

How about some pictures??

B