Exhaust - What would you do here...

jmcardamone

Ok guys. 89 Pathy SE, v6 manual. LIMITED BUDGET!!!! (Broke as ____) Ehaust Pipe came apart where the Y Pipe comes togeter into the Pipe going into the Cat. The Dogears Seperated (not Rotted), the Pins Came Out. I was Thinking of the Following.. Grind off the Remainder of the Pins and Either 1. Drilling them Out, and Replacing them with Bolts, OR keep the Pins there and getting a Buddy to Mig or Tig weld the Whole Assembly back together. UNLESS someone has a Better Idea. Its the ONLY exhaust Leak on the WHole dang truck. Everything from that point back is almost Brand new! Help here would be appreaciated. Im leaning on Drilling and Bolting, as its cheaper than paying the buddy 20 bucks to weld it, and its Removable.

• 3 weeks later...

ahh. The question Arises..

I Drove the Pins/Bolts/whatevers out with a AirChizel with a Punch attachment on it. Replaced the gaskets and used Grade 8.8 Bolts to hold it all together. Then I coated te welds with Hightemp JB. All Good! my Buddy wanted like 50 Bucks to weld it, so i told him to go suck an egg..!