Hello from Manitoba!

Silverbullet

Hey everyone, Im from Brandon Manitoba, I got a 1997 XE which I picked up from the original owner a couple weeks ago. Its got 165000km on it, so thats decent but it has a fair amount of rust on it. How that happens on a 97 I dont know, it runs like a top though. Lots of snow around here now but we are kind of limited on what we can do. I'll have to go exploring when it gets nicer out and find some @!*% to get stuck in. This is my first 4x4 and I love it much more than tearin up the streets in my 87 mustang 5.0 convertible 300hp/350tq. I've already found some very useful info, this forum is awesome!!

Thanks,

Shane

Again, welcome to the club, Shane! :aok:

As for the rust, it's a common problem on most R50's... Most imports that are victim to our harsh winters and the idiots throwing salt on the roads. Body is work is nothing though; good to hear it runs good!

We'll have to plan some wheeling once it gets warmer out! :D

Again, welcome to the club, Shane! :aok:

As for the rust, it's a common problem on most R50's... Most imports that are victim to our harsh winters and the idiots throwing salt on the roads. Body is work is nothing though; good to hear it runs good!

We'll have to plan some wheeling once it gets warmer out! :D

Yeah I hear ya will all the salt and stuff. I'd be down for some plans when its nicer out for sure, but I must have it lifted first. Its fine for the snow because I just float over top of it but the mud will suck me down hard.

Yeah I hear ya will all the salt and stuff. I'd be down for some plans when its nicer out for sure, but I must have it lifted first. Its fine for the snow because I just float over top of it but the mud will suck me down hard.

For sure. You'll soon realize this 4x4 thing becomes a huge obsession, 'cause it's so much fun! :jig:

Holla if you're in the 'Peg!