1996 Pathy - To Fix list

OldGeek

Hello All, Great Forum with lots of good people.

I bought a 1996 Pathfinder SE last week. Overall, it seems to be in great shape. Strong engine and smooth tranny. It does however have a few minor things I'd like to get fixed. I'd appreciate any hints or advice you could give me.

1. Heater blower only works on 4... I've searched and it seems to be a common problem that can be repaired by replacing the resistor. My question...does it have to be off a 1996 Pathy or are their other Nissans that work?

2. Cuise control doesn't work...the master switch light comes on steady but when I press the set button on the steer wheel, it doesn't engage or light up. Not sure steps to trouble shoot or if this is a common problem.

3. Rear window defroster doesn't work and I get no light when I push the dash switch. This one isn't a big deal unless their is a fairly simple fix.

4. I have a "Rocky Mountain Edition". Does anyone know what equipment this included? I have front and rear brush guards, but I don't even know if that was part of the package.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old Geek (Steve)

Hello All, Great Forum with lots of good people.

I bought a 1996 Pathfinder SE last week. Overall, it seems to be in great shape. Strong engine and smooth tranny. It does however have a few minor things I'd like to get fixed. I'd appreciate any hints or advice you could give me.

1. Heater blower only works on 4... I've searched and it seems to be a common problem that can be repaired by replacing the resistor. My question...does it have to be off a 1996 Pathy or are their other Nissans that work?

2. Cuise control doesn't work...the master switch light comes on steady but when I press the set button on the steer wheel, it doesn't engage or light up. Not sure steps to trouble shoot or if this is a common problem.

3. Rear window defroster doesn't work and I get no light when I push the dash switch. This one isn't a big deal unless their is a fairly simple fix.

4. I have a "Rocky Mountain Edition". Does anyone know what equipment this included? I have front and rear brush guards, but I don't even know if that was part of the package.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old Geek (Steve)

1) resister from a 96-99 Pathfinder should work just fine

2) Check the vacuum connections and electrical connections at the CC actuator under the hood. You should be able to follow the throttle cable from the intake manifold to the CC actuator to see where it is.

3) Could be a fuse, the timer, or the switch itself. Or it could be working, but the light doesn't come on.

4) Most likely the "Rocky Mountain" edition was a preferred option group + the brush guards you are equipped with.

Welcome to NPORA! :beer: