Changing Speed ratio after changing tyre size

Best to get a GPS and measure via that. On my 93 when I traded up to 31s my speedo was pretty good up to 45 then it started to go off, at 65 my speedo reads 61. However on my 88 when I swapped to 31s I found out that my speedo was dead on and had actually been off with the factory wheels/tires.

MY 1990 has gear driven speedo; so when I changed to 32s it was off quite a bit. The gears need to be swapped out. I went to a shop and they did this; IIRC it wasn't too expensive.

there are different tooth speedo drive gears for the different gear ratio/tire combinations from the factory. ask member "nissannut" or look on his website nissannut.com he has some info on the different speedo drive gears.

Best to get a GPS and measure via that. On my 93 when I traded up to 31s my speedo was pretty good up to 45 then it started to go off, at 65 my speedo reads 61. However on my 88 when I swapped to 31s I found out that my speedo was dead on and had actually been off with the factory wheels/tires.

i bet the real factory tires were 31 you just didn't know it.. you know the info is on the door jamb, right.

i bet the real factory tires were 31 you just didn't know it.. you know the info is on the door jamb, right.

yeh my door jamb has info for 29" tires but I know for a fact my dad bought it new with 31" the tire size is listed wrong but they put a "disreguard prevous label" sticker in there with appropriate PSI ratings.