Intro

TXPower

I'm Dave (TXPower), from North Central Texas, not far from Dallas. This is my second Pathfinder, first was an 89 I had 5 years ago, it was awesome but it was a daily driver so I didn't do any wheeling with it, couldn't chance it. My second, I just bought for $900.00, it's a 93 SE 4X4, 5sp with 289k on the odometer. Don't know if it's the original drivetrain, but appears to be. Exterior is in real good shape, interior, so so. I bought it and drove it 80 miles back home averaging 70 mph with no problems. It starts everytime and has descent power, but smokes a bit. I'll post pics soon. I think the first thing I'm going to do is a 3" SL using JGC coils, tweaked torsion bars and aftermarket, probably RC UCA's. When I first bought it my plans were to leave it where I deer hunt (tough west Texas country), but after reading ya'lls posts and techs on mods and looking at ya'lls pics of off roading adventures I'm now thinking about building a weekend warrior rig, joining a local club and hitting some wheeling parks here in Texas and beyond. Anyway, many of you here have already helped me and I spend a lot of time searching and reading so thanks for all this information.

TXPower

Welcome Dave!! Congrats on the sencond Pathy, it sounds like you've been bitten by the wheeling bug.

Sounds like you have a good idea on how to set the truck up. 1 word of advice though, try to find out the last time the timing belt was changed. If there is any doubt, change it, it's the one thing that could kill your engine quick.

it's a 93 SE 4X4, 5sp with 289k on the odometer.

LOL It's great having a truck with 300k on it that runs good, isn't it... :D

B