had my windows tinted

As some of you may know, I have the permanent reflective tint that comes from the factory on my Pathfinder, as do many of you. I wanted to go darker on the windows, but still have all of them match. So I had 35% dark tint put on the rear side windows, so combined with the stock (supposedly 20%) tint, that gave me about 7% on the rear side windows. I had 35% reflective put on the front's, and it matched amazingly well. There is also a dark 20% tint put on the rear glass. So far, I have noticed that my car stays a lot cooler in the bright sun, and I just think it looks cool. I just had it done, so I still cant roll down the windows, which is kind of a bummer when my car has been sitting outside for a while, but its worth it. I had all the windows done (except the windshield) for $225, not bad IMO. The guys did a great job also. :D Here are some pics B)

post-7-1091235894.jpg

Looking good. Its a close match. I have a co-worker with non matched tint on her Pathy, which is even worse since its white so it totally stands out. Do you have any sort of brand info. on the tint? I have the factory almost brownish tint (1994) in the back side windows with regular black all the way around. But pretty much every window is scratched, scraped, etc. from playing hard and fron the P.O., and I'd like to do it over if it turns out matched like yours.

Thanks fellas :D Mr. Pickles, I do not have exact brand information, but the guy who recommended the matching tint said it was a commercial grade tint, and also later called it TSG to the other guy who was putting it on. He told me that it was what all the people with the RX300's had put on, since it was a very close match for those cars also. If you have the brownish tint, I think there is a match out there. When I first told the guy I had reflective tint (before he had seen the car) he asked if it was sort of a bronze color. I said kind of, but its also silverish. He brought out this bronze tint to my car, but as soon as he saw my tint, he said there's no way it would match. So I'm assuming that that bronze stuff would match yours relatively well. But my advice would be to just go around to some shops you have heard good things about etc., and ask what they could do. Most places that know what they are doing could show you a sample of the tint they carry that matches closely, my place gave me a strip to take home. As an interesting side note, the place I went to did zero advertising and was very tough to find. However when I went there to have mine done, there were many cars there, including really nice ones like a mercedes CLK 430 and a brand new 360 modena. So apparently word of mouth goes far in the window tinting business. Needless to say, seeing those cars there took away any doubts I had about the quality of the place :D

That just reminds me that I have to get windows tinted. You know having my front windows tinted on my jeep saved my face from being cut up.

fc79cba8.jpg

That's a pic of my previous suv. Rolled around 5 times.

I'm very lucky :bow:

• 5 months later...
the guy who recommended the matching tint said it was a commercial grade tint, and also later called it TSG to the other guy who was putting it on. 

The TSG is a Madico brand madico . I used to work for the canadian distributor. It is always rated #1 or #2 in quality with the 3M Brand. TSG = Tinted Silver Grey , they have a TB = Tinted Bronze for those guys with the brownish tint. They are a little higher in price than Lumar or Suntec, but the stuff doesn't go purple in a few years. Unless you get the TG which is the cheapest stuff they sell for the guys who want the "limo" black look, but don't want to pay the cost.