Sheet metal?

Lyss

Is it okay to put sheet metal over rusted out holes under the back passenger seats and right below the gas pedal on the drivers side? I knew those spots would get rusted out but is it alright to just patch them up with sheet metal? Thanks!

Idk, i kinda just ripped up all the carpeting and took the seats out and stuff completely out of boredom, :dance: and when i started cutting the sheet metal my dad said that it would rust really easily and i needed something else? Just curious. I didnt think id have a problem though.

hell... my drivers side floor is a cookie sheet and some hot pads held in place with a tube of caulk. Been that way for years now.

Edited by k9sar

hell... my drivers side floor is a cookie sheet and some hot pads held in place with a tube of caulk. Been that way for years now.

LOL! i dont think i have any cookie sheets =/

but thanks guys =]

my drivers side floor is a cookie sheet and some hot pads held in place with a tube of caulk. Been that way for years now.

And at the end of a trail, he always has marvelous cookies to hand out... :D

B

Idk, i kinda just ripped up all the carpeting and took the seats out and stuff completely out of boredom, :dance: and when i started cutting the sheet metal my dad said that it would rust really easily and i needed something else? Just curious. I didnt think id have a problem though.

Just rust treat the sheet metal and then there is no concern... :shrug:

B

Yeah, once you install the new don't just leave it bare metal, spray some primer, paint and undercoating on the bottom, and prime and paint the top. Be sure to cut ALL the rust out or it will come back via what ever is left.

I have a '73 porsche 914 that i'm cutting up and using to patch the holes under my seat. Hybrid porsche nissan! I eventually need to haul it to a scrap yard or sell it, but i'll make use of it until I do.

Edited by pktzygt

I have a '73 porsche 914 that i'm cutting up and using to patch the holes under my seat. Hybrid porsche nissan! I eventually need to haul it to a scrap yard or sell it, but i'll make use of it until I do.

Porsche sheet metal adds 15hp. Don't tell the ricers.