Another bull bar lost

dernt

I had a cool TJM T-13 on the front of my 97 pathfinder for the past few years. Last week, I was in a front end collision. The bumper saved the vehicle, but now it's all bent to hell. I am contacting Shrockworks to see if I can ship him my bumper and have him use it as a template to make another. I'll update.

the day I installed it, even before I hooked up the turn signals

tjm%20pathy.jpg

today

tjm%20crunched.jpg

I guess it's not the end of the world. Maybe it could be straightened some.

Edited by dernt

Is the other side really bad or something? From that picture, I don't think that little dent would even matter at all unless you're worried about the appearance or something. Personally, I like the way it looks post accident; gives it a little meaner look. However, I wonder if you couldn't straighten that out yourself pretty well if you pulled it off and gave it a few whacks with a sledge hammer.

I would say with the right tools your existing bumper could be fixed.

That said, from what I understand, Jim @ Shrockworks would be willing to build R50 parts (I had looked into sliders a few years ago) if he had a test R50 to work with during the build.

looks like a rock or a stump or something small because it doesnt look like it was wider than the brush gaurd since it hit between it idk just a guess.

Er, no. It was another vehicle. It did not turn out well for that vehicle. Fortunately, all occupants were ok.

I would say with the right tools your existing bumper could be fixed.

That said, from what I understand, Jim @ Shrockworks would be willing to build R50 parts (I had looked into sliders a few years ago) if he had a test R50 to work with during the build.

Shrockworks said he is too busy and not accepting any custom work at this time. I offered to send my bumper to him, but he said no dice.

ARB does NOT make a bar for the 97 serries pathy's.......i have tired to get them to look in to it and they wont do it nor will they keep a warrenty on it if u do put it on a 97 if u find one to fit.......

ARB does NOT make a bar for the 97 serries pathy's.......i have tired to get them to look in to it and they wont do it nor will they keep a warrenty on it if u do put it on a 97 if u find one to fit.......

That's true. ARB only makes a bumper for the 2000+ R50.

I'm thinking the 2000- ARB will be close enough. Pezzy put a 96-99 TJM on her later model. I figure I can do the reverse.

AFAIK, you should be able to, you would have a gap between the grille & the top of the bumper. I thought someone has done that, but I dont recall who. Might be on the AC boards.