Parts, advice, help, etc.

shack

I am looking for a good place to buy used parts for my 94/95 SE 4x4x4. I don't even know what the 4x4x4 means. I got this thing and there is quite a bit wrong with it. Right now I am working on the suspension because it rides like a boat when going down the road. First thing I need are some wheels and tires since all four do not match that are on there right now. Any help is appreciated.

I am looking for a good place to buy used parts for my 94/95 SE 4x4x4. I don't even know what the 4x4x4 means. I got this thing and there is quite a bit wrong with it. Right now I am working on the suspension because it rides like a boat when going down the road. First thing I need are some wheels and tires since all four do not match that are on there right now. Any help is appreciated.

Assuming you are in the states, and you already know about junkyards, I would refer you to www.rockauto.com They are not used parts, but they are probably the best price anywhere.

Or watch craigslist and get yourself a parts rig. Its like having your own personal junkyard lol :)

indigent.

Edited by Indigent

Where does it say 4x4x4? Pics? Did somebody slap on a generic sticker, maybe?

Don't be shy at the JY. Make friends, it'll help when they decide what they're going to charge you.

There are used parts dealers online, but they're probably not worth the while. Stay local unless you absolutely can't find what you need.

Ebay is another good source. Just stay away from "OEM" engine replacement parts. You'll usually find the quality lacking.

Where does it say 4x4x4? Pics? Did somebody slap on a generic sticker, maybe?

Don't be shy at the JY. Make friends, it'll help when they decide what they're going to charge you.

There are used parts dealers online, but they're probably not worth the while. Stay local unless you absolutely can't find what you need.

Ebay is another good source. Just stay away from "OEM" engine replacement parts. You'll usually find the quality lacking.

It says 4x4x4 on the lower part of the door. I have seen this on a few other Pathfinders (exactly the way it is on mine) so I don't think it is some generic sticker.

Well, I found a set of tires on stock "lego" rims for $100. That was cool but the thing still rides like a boat, kinda shifty from side to side front to back when driving down the road. I think it may need new shocks and I can tell it needs a front end alignment because the front tires are slanted pretty bad. I am probably going to change the steering stabilizer as well just for good measure. Then I will start on getting the engine to actually run correctly.

I am sure I will be throwing out MANY questions when I get into that.

It says 4x4x4 on the lower part of the door. I have seen this on a few other Pathfinders (exactly the way it is on mine) so I don't think it is some generic sticker.

Well, I found a set of tires on stock "lego" rims for $100. That was cool but the thing still rides like a boat, kinda shifty from side to side front to back when driving down the road. I think it may need new shocks and I can tell it needs a front end alignment because the front tires are slanted pretty bad. I am probably going to change the steering stabilizer as well just for good measure. Then I will start on getting the engine to actually run correctly.

I am sure I will be throwing out MANY questions when I get into that.

the side to side float is typically crappy tires with too soft of a sidewall. The alignment that you mention needing is part of the problem as well.

FWIW, if you need any new chassis parts give me a ring and I'll see what I can do for you.