Power Steering Fluid

BowTied

Can I get what ever brand of power steering fluid from the parts store or do I need something special?

hey dont mean to thread jack...but has anyone gotten a power steering flush?? is it really worth it...i worked at a chrysler dealership and i use to do em a lot, just wondering if anyones tried it on there pathy.

thanks

if your fluid looks the slightest bit dirty, or had been burnt from running too low of fluid. I'd say yes its worth it. (both apply to me rt now)

as far as fluid type, I think power steering fluid is almost the same as ATF only without all the detergents and not as strict control of viscocity from brand to brand.(valvoline max life PS fluid is thicker than regular ATF).

hey dont mean to thread jack...but has anyone gotten a power steering flush?? is it really worth it...i worked at a chrysler dealership and i use to do em a lot, just wondering if anyones tried it on there pathy.

thanks

Before I bought my '98 in April, the PO did power steering flush. He said he noticed much smoother steering. It was the first time it was ever done on the Pathy (160,000km [100,000mi]).

I'd say it's not crucial but probably worth doing every 100k or so.