Getting a little too hot

Pathy

I noticed while driving to southlake tahoe tru hwy 50 (really mountainy with steep grades for those of u that are not fimilar with what im talking about) my engine temp reached a little past 3/4 and would hold while trying to make it up those steep grades, is this normal? My second problem is that whenever im driving around town with my airconditioning on my engine temp reaches a little past 3/4 but if i turn it off it makes its way back to mid range. Any suggestions? i have no coolant leaks and just flush the radiator.

How hot was it outside? I've been in those mountains, and that's some of the steepest stuff around in areas. Don't know if 3/4 temp is too extreme, as mine rarely goes above 1/2 on hot days with the AC on while driving hard. :shrug:

ahahahah jk jk

you could put a new thermostat that opens up at lower temps, which would circulate coolant more often, or make sure all your fluid levels are good. As long as the engine temp level doesn't max out, you should be ok, but if it goes above that 3/4 mark, i wouldn't drive the truck until it cools down

Well i decided to do something about it so i went to the local autozone got my self a fail safe t-stat and a brand new fan clutch and new upper and lower hoses, put them in today, took her out for a ride and the temp didnt even nearly reach pass the half point with A/C on and beating the heck out of the gas pedal, and now when the fan engages it sounds like an airplane. Thank god that was a quick fix.