the saga begins

hey there

so i hada 90 pathfinder for three years,it was a "handmedown". high mileage (almost 400,000 kms) when i got it. to be honest it was done for, it was my first truck. i got to take it on the first real 4by4 missions i had ever driven,before that i was sitting shotgun in a fj40. so i got attached to "pathy's" by default. the 90 served me well with almost minor mech problems until about 490,000kms then the problems began. mostly cooling system problems and ignition stuff. it had rust in all the usual places, the suspension was tired and the gas tank had a leak or two. i admit i got lazy and didnt want to really fix all the things wrong with it,gas prices helped that as well.........i was more into seeing how long it would last. many times it would threaten to give up. within last summer i had to do the water pump,plugs/wires and starter and then the braking system sprung a mystery leak one at or in the MC and one somewhere else....also it had the exhaust studs break. with all the problems it had it was time to find something new. old pathy was 533,000kms she served me and well and will not be forgotten.

last month i found a 1992 xe with old man emu suspension warn hubs and brand new rubber with less than half of the kms of the old one..........the price was right. the new one will be reliable enough for me to do alot more off roading. i know i can get a whole lot of mileage trouble free(or minor trouble) out of these trucks. the guy i bought it from took good care of it,he put love into it. he even was on npora, he told me to check it out. so here i am....and im glad to be here. i look forward to spending a few hundred thousand clicks with you guys.

ill get some pics together when i get it in the dirt, till then i gotta take care of some wrench issues. this pathy is like a do-over and ill take better care.

-m

Welcome to NPORA m!!!

Congrats on finding yourself another pathy!! Yeah, it is actually suprising the number of people who buy replacement pathys, or even own multiples. Tex is such a fanatic, it's scary!! (5or 6 pathys now)

We're looking forward to the pictures.

Say, do you remember the PO's login name here at NPORA? We might know his truck... :D

B

Welcome to NPORA m!!!

Congrats on finding yourself another pathy!! Yeah, it is actually suprising the number of people who buy replacement pathys, or even own multiples. Tex is such a fanatic, it's scary!! (5or 6 pathys now)

We're looking forward to the pictures.

Say, do you remember the PO's login name here at NPORA? We might know his truck... :D

B

i dont know his login name........ill get back to you about that one. :shrug: haha first time i ever used an emoticon.

-m

Welcome... Post up some pictures of the rig and maybe "WE" can help you with the previous owner's name hahah

Congrats on getting the Pathfinder Bug. Once your infected you'll likely never get over it. You just learn to live with it.

hi there.

B

OMG, what, someone has more of these then slick? scary for sure. :D :D

hey thanks everybody. its good to be welcomed. these trucks are hard to kill for certain. i always got alot of raised eyebrows whenever i told them how many kilometers the 90 had on it.

now i'm on to the 92 and finding out how it will fare off road.......i never got to take it(90) out as much as i wanted. i was always concerned about "what if" breakdowns and the like. so now i get the chance to find out with a fresh one.

-m