Daytime Running Light Module

Dowser

Hey.

I need to see what a Daytime Running Light Module and Daytime Light Cancel Relay looks like and where they are found in a 1995 Pathy. Chances are very good I'll be picking up an American Pathy and I'll need do modify the Daytime Running Light Module to safety it here in Canada. Without a Pathy in my garage I cant go look myself and I can't find the location from the FSM.

Seems to me I'll have to add in the Module, the Relay and a bunch of Diodes according to the Electrical Schematic. Anyone have any insight?

Not a clue. I don't know if the wiring would be there, and it'd be as simple as plug and play, or if you'd need harnesses. Couldn't help you there man.

But there are shops that will put in aftermarket modules pretty cheap. ~$200 or so, which may be worth it given the possible hassle.

Why dont you use aftermarket or custom designed daylight running lights? you can hide them inside front grille? I am sure this would be cheaper. You can wire it directly from ignition key with a seperate fuse and a relay. when you turn it to ACC position your lights will be running. If you want to turn them off when you turn on head lights, a simple 4 leg relay can do the trick.

Edited by KLL

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. Don't suppose you have any idea how much of a pain in the ass his could be?

It would be a lot easier to stop into carquest and pick up their aftermarket DTRL kit and wire it in.

I'm not sure about the older vehicles, but the newer ones don't even have the wiring to the relays, not just the relay's missing. It's impossible to simply add DTRL just by plugging something into them.

The one they sell at carquest is cheap ($30-$50 i think)