Exhaust manifold replacement

zack1978

Hi everyone,

The mechanic just called about my 95 SE-V6 and informed me that the pass side exhaust manifold is cracked, it is not just the studs. Where is the best place to source a quality replacement manifold? Napa hjas the manifold for $114.00, is that a good price? Is their quality good? Any other ideas as to where to get the manifold? What is the dealer charging? I don't want headers, I just want a quality replacement.

Thanks,

Zack

hmm @ 114.00 each, I would personally go for the headers...

I do have a manifold I could sale/ship or whatever to you but you would probably have to get the mating surfaces machined (i believe its warped)

be prepared to have a hellof a bill b/c the studs will break if they've never been replaced and that will rack up the hours for the mechanic...depending on where its cracked it may be possible to weld it up for a temp fix?

mine aren't warped (though I am). Where are you located? I'm sure I could provide you a terrific deal.

edit: It's off a 95 SE that only had 80k on it when I spun a main bearing and trashed the crank.

Edited by k9sar

hmm @ 114.00 each, I would personally go for the headers...

x2

I also have a manifold available for cheap. so take you pick who evers closer I guess. I can also have mine blasted @ work to re-condidion the fatigue life if you like. few $ extra for that tho

but really. I think pacesetters are like 220 vs 228 for a pair of stock manifolds. thats like paying more for less lol. Yeh there's more work involved but Its worth it. If your worried about noise they don't really make your vehicle allot louder unless you use larger pipes and mufflers.

nothing fancy here. manifold removed, throw in a USPS flat rate box, stuff with old newspaper and hand it off to the mailman. As long as it's in the lower 48, it goes priority mail. Your call.