Warn hubs on 03

mun3726

Went to the warn site to find hubs but they only have the 90-01's. Will these work on my 03? I also read in posts that the hubs won't fit my stock rims so i'll be getting new ones with the ac lift

Edited by mun3726

If you have All Mode you MUST leave it in 2wd whilst driving, only put it in auto or 4hi or 4lo when you have the hubs engaged...

What will happen? All the power is diverted to the front that is essentially in neutral? Damage?

What will happen? All the power is diverted to the front that is essentially in neutral? Damage?

Technically I have no idea, but with mine unlocked if i pull the lever to 4HI at idle in 1st it makes a bad grinding/clicking sound, maybe Dean or somebody can shine some light on it

• 1 month later...

sorry to bring back an old thread, but I need some facts to be clearer...

According to everything I searched in here, everyone agrees that the warn hub part number for my 01 would be 29091.

1) According to warn, this is for axles with 28 splines

2) Like some of you knows, I'm installing arb lockers soon and have ordered the front locker RD-107. This is for 29 spline r200A.

does that means that the spline count in the diff is 29 but at the axle (wheel) is 28 ? I understand that the axle in the diff is not actually the same up to the wheels (cv axles), but i find it strange that it would loose a spline in the process...

Anyone ?

Technically I have no idea, but with mine unlocked if i pull the lever to 4HI at idle in 1st it makes a bad grinding/clicking sound, maybe Dean or somebody can shine some light on it

So guys I doubt the issue is just with Lax's rig... anyone else find the same thing? And anyone know exactly what is happening? Something must not be engaging...?

Wait, you're saying your in 1st gear, moving, hubs unlocked and you're trying to shift into 4hi? You cant do that lol. The clicking/grinding sound is your gears not meshing because the front driveshaft is not spinning because your hubs are unlocked. to shift into 4hi or 4lo(2lo) with the hubs unlocked you need to be sitting still.