fan shroud removal

jgt

do I have to take off the fan clutch to pull the fan shroud out of the way? Tried to pull the HP p/s hose from the bottom, not working even with the lower radiator hose undone. thanks, julie

I believe the fan shroud is a two piece unit, the smaller portion on the bottom (people often leave this portion off when they do a body lift). You may be able to unbolt the bottom section, then the top section and slide, twist and weasel it off. Take a good look first against the diameter of the fan and clearances and (obviously) be careful of the radiator fins. I've found a thin piece of cardboard trimmed into shape can help avoid radiator mishaps. Once again, it is dark (and cold, just not raining) here so I'm not motivated enough to go out and crawl around to look.

Tomorrow, or someone will correct/agree with me?

B

Say, have you downloaded the FSM yet? It could help illustrate some of these issues... :shrug:

I've only taken mine out with the fan taken out as well. I've tried to separate my "two piece" shroud with no luck.

no problem taking the lower shroud piece off. On either side of the lower shroud, press in the plastic notches on the side w/ your thumbs and it'll slide right out.

MINE COMES OUT FROM THE TOP WITH NO CLEARANCE ISSUES ONCE THE BOTTOM "STRIP" IS REMOVED

really?? I will have to look closer, cuz it sure seems like I have to take the fan clutch out. I've taken the lower strip off, what year is your truck?

. Once again, it is dark (and cold, just not raining) here so I'm not motivated enough to go out and crawl around to look.

excuses excuses :tongue: ...

Say, have you downloaded the FSM yet? It could help illustrate some of these issues... :shrug:

sorry...newbie not sure what FSM is. Is it like a WMD?

really?? I will have to look closer, cuz it sure seems like I have to take the fan clutch out. I've taken the lower strip off, what year is your truck?

1989 same block, same waterpump w/ same fan/clutch on it and I belive same radiator and clearance.

sorry...newbie not sure what FSM is. Is it like a WMD?

LOL, not quite... Like Simon said. Here is the link. 1994 model will serve you on most things other than the dash and a few other minor changes. Otherwise, it is the same.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9692

B