Does ARB Locker leaks in cold climate ?

fleurys

I understand that the only option I have for a locker for my 2001 is the arb locker. I live in quebec where cold weather (between -30C to +10C) is here at least half of the year. I have been surfing a bit about the reliability of arb locker in cold temperature.

Posts from 2006 and 2007 shows that arb may have had an issue at one point (at least with the RD-89) http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453327 and eventually released a retrofit kit with a "floating seal housing" fixing the issue..

Do any of you guys with the RD-34 or RD-107 experienced the same issues with leaking air (cold climate or not)...???

I'm looking to see if it is the exception or the rule...would really hate dropping 2K for front and rear diff for eventually swearing at it because the cold climate is just to hard for the arb hardware...:huh:

tks.

Edited by fleurys

I live in quebec where cold weather (between -30C to +10C) is here at least half of the year.

Dear Gods Man, MOVE!!!

Sorry, I had to. I have never heard of this problem and have no valid information. I'm sure there will upcomming input. :beer:

B

Only issue I had heard about was when someone used the ARB plastic air tubing with CO2 to actuate the locker. The CO2 made the plastic brittle and it burst. They fixed it by running flexible copper tubing in place of the plastic.