Warn hubs on stock 16" rims

csutke

So im being kinda lazy and was wondering if warn manual hubs will fit on stock 16" rims with out being bored out. Yes I know that I should just go out and take a tire off and check but I really dont feel like doing that and was wondering if someone on here has tried this before.

they will fit in any factory R50 wheel. in fact, they'll fit in any wheel that fits on an R50 because for an aftermarket wheel to fit, it must clear the drive flange, which is the same diameter as the manual hub.

Not true. They will not fit the 17" SE ones (later models). Those rims are not bored all the way through.

They will fit the 16" wheels just fine.

Now, I have heard that the Warns will not fit the 16" wheels on the 2003-2004 or the 17" wheels. The center bore of the wheel has to be at least 4".

If I am wrong, someone please give me proof otherwise! I have been thinking about putting these on my '03. But I'm skeptical about machining out my wheels in order to get them to fit.

Right -o- ! ;)

**Edit** Concieveably, if you used wheel adapters to space the wheel 1.5" from the actual hub, you then MAY be able to get then to set in the wheels' center without altering the wheel. I have a set of adapters on my rig to space the tire away from the strut spring perch in the front and note that the hubs face with locking dial just barely (about 1") pokes through the wheel center.

Edited by 02silverpathy

yup they dont fit, tried a test fit this afternoon and the center bore is about 1/8" too small. DAMN IT. I will post some pics when i get a chance. If it cant convice my wife to let me get the centers bored out or get new rims I will have a set of hubs for sale.