Upper plate of front coil

Rinat

Thk, i got this book... but here is not clearly... Foto of XPLORx4 is perfect, it is that i need :)

yup xplorx4 has it right, and i need to take mine apart this weekend and align them since i didnt do it correctly and cannot get my toe correct...as far as where the arrows go when installing the strut to the truck, the bolts are spaced at different interval so the strut only works one way, so there is no thinking about where those arrows go :handlebars:

yup xplorx4 has it right, and i need to take mine apart this weekend and align them since i didnt do it correctly and cannot get my toe correct..

Are you sure it's toe and not caster or camber? Toe is adjusted by the tie rods, and shouldn't be affected at all by the strut mounting. Camber and caster... that's a different story!

Are you sure it's toe and not caster or camber? Toe is adjusted by the tie rods, and shouldn't be affected at all by the strut mounting. Camber and caster... that's a different story!

Well the right strut I know was not even close to ligned up, but the caster was in spec and camber was at -2.06, .06 out of spec which they said was not a big deal. They can't get my steer ahead anything close to the wheel being straight and can't get the toe all the way in though, which was not a problem before the lift...

Well the right strut I know was not even close to ligned up, but the caster was in spec and camber was at -2.06, .06 out of spec which they said was not a big deal. They can't get my steer ahead anything close to the wheel being straight and can't get the toe all the way in though, which was not a problem before the lift...

I take this to mean that your alignment is still toed out and that the steering wheel is not straight when you're driving straight. Are there no more threads left on the tie rod adjuster?

Fueler and laxman-

You should check to see that your steering rack is centered and that the bushings holding the rack to the subframe are in decent shape. If one tie rod is maxxed out, and the other has a lot of threads showing, then the rack isn't centered properly or one of your suspension parts is bent.

Fueler and laxman-

You should check to see that your steering rack is centered and that the bushings holding the rack to the subframe are in decent shape. If one tie rod is maxxed out, and the other has a lot of threads showing, then the rack isn't centered properly or one of your suspension parts is bent.

Ok, I will check that out with my uncle this weekend...

Ok, I will check that out with my uncle this weekend...

I just thought of another possibility. If the steering wheel has ever been removed, it may not have been indexed properly when it was reinstalled. If the wheel was reinstalled off by one spline, it would not be centered, and it would be natural for an alignment shop to try to center the wheel by adjusting the tie rods, not by reindexing the steering wheel.

Just an idea.

I just thought of another possibility. If the steering wheel has ever been removed, it may not have been indexed properly when it was reinstalled. If the wheel was reinstalled off by one spline, it would not be centered, and it would be natural for an alignment shop to try to center the wheel by adjusting the tie rods, not by reindexing the steering wheel.

Just an idea.

hmmmmm...steering wheel...airbags...i think i will leave that one until last, thanks for all the help