whats the ratio on the ATX14A low range transfer case?

FUELER

QX4 with the all-mode ATX14A transfer case

im trying to figure out the ratio for low range

The QX4 technical book says this:

GEAR RATIO HIGH 1

GEAR RATIO LOW 2.596

and then i know the final drive is a 4.636

how do i convert this into the ratio, you know how the jeep guys say 4:1 transfer case or whatever....

Thanks in advance

When the jeep guys say 4:1 transfer case ratio, they mean 4:1. Their low-range gearing has a 4:1 reduction, while your transfer case is 2.596:1. That's not very low for severe off-road use, which is why AC and Calmini offer 3.7:1 or 3.92:1 crawler gears for the TX10 transfer case, which has a stock low range of only 2.02:1.

If you want to calculate your crawl ratio in 4LO, you multiply the first gear ratio by the transfer case ratio by the final drive ratio. Let's assume that your first gear ratio is 2.785:1.

2.785:1 x 2.596:1 x 4.636:1 = 33.51:1 crawl ratio

Another [simpler] Crawl Ratio Calculator

My pathy's OEM crawl ratio was 2.785x2.02x4.363=24.55:1

With new diff gears and AC's crawler gears, it's now 2.785x3.7x4.636=47.77, a nearly 2:1 improvement in the crawl ratio from stock!

Edited by XPLORx4

great info, thanks guys!!

wow 2.596:1 is not very low at all. and here i am thinking its closer to 4:1 yeah right!

Well, you should note that most OEM transfer case ratios aren't close to 4:1. Most are around 2.5-2.7. Even the FJ's ratio is only 2.56. Only the Jeep Rubicon has 4:1 transfer case gearing in from the factory.