Various automagic tranny questions

Precise1

Well, the truck I just bought is a 95 automagic, freshly rebuilt (12,000 miles ago) with a shift kit in it (have to ask the PO which one; floor it in power mode and you better have a headrest!!) and I have decided to run it until I a) decide I hate it or B) until it grenades. This is the first automagic I have owned in 20 years. While I have searched, I still have a few questions. This list may grow, so check back!!

1) Who is running this mod, when do you use it and is there any reason to bother?

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

2) Apparently I have an tranny inline magnafine filter (saw it in the receipts, have not found it on the truck yet). Has anyone heard of these, used them, have any feedback, etc?

http://www.emergingent.com/magnefine/

3) ATF additive? Anyone? Bueler? Who runs what? What difference do you notice? What do you recommend? I want to take care of this tranny the best that I can so even if I still decide to do a manual swap, I can sell a functioning unit, not discard junk.

Thanks for now. :beer:

B

Oh, yes, there is a 18,000 lb external tranny cooler mounted, but then run back through the radiator... *facepalm* I'll be changing that soon!!

B

3) ATF additive? Anyone? Bueler? Who runs what? What difference do you notice? What do you recommend? I want to take care of this tranny the best that I can so even if I still decide to do a manual swap, I can sell a functioning unit, not discard junk.

Royal Purple ATF all the way! Shifts better, runs cooler. Well worth the extra cash. You need no additives, just make sure you empty the TC when you drain the old fluid.