Bad luck with my Pathy

4x4newbie

So at the beginning of summer my friend who had an 89 pathy given to him a year ago, in not so great of condition, gets a new car and hands the pathy to me for the summer and about halfway through the summer (he left for colorado a month before) he calls me and is like when i get home i will just sign it over to you so i was like sweet. i should put some money into this make sure its gonna last me awhile make it look nicer and whatnot.

So i add a CD player and speakers. Cd player gets stolen..... pissed me off. so i didnt get a new one yet. "fixed the sunroof from leaking(the sunroof is a piece of plexi glass screwed to the roof. the real one is gone) and then someone cracks the thing down the middle. i get my gas siphoned. And above all this i put a couple hundred dollars into it and about 30-40 hours of elbow grease not to mention i have like 5 things that i ordered to put into it in the mail or being processed and he comes home from colorado and was like sorry to break a promise but im gonna need my car back. So i lose the pathy. HE treats the car like crap. it was like a child to me..... jk

but yeah im pissed. but im in need of a new pathy. So now i have to start saving up money for a new car.

i really enjoyed it while i had it.

but im in need of a new pathy. So now i have to start saving up money for a new car.

well good luck finding a pathy, hopefully in better shape (and better luck) than the other one. Maybe you'll get really lucky like pathmaker1 when he got his pathmakerII. take care!

Sorry to hear that... It seems like the least he cold have done is comp you for some of the work you did.

The good news is that now you have found something you like. Start saving and looking, you'll know the one to buy when you find it. As MY1PATH said, I've seen some tremendous deals!! Make sure to watch our Classifieds section!!

B

theres a 95 xe in our newspaper for 3800

I paid a bit more than that, but it was 4 years ago with less than 110k miles and work just done on it. Of course, everything is more expensive in Cali.

It's all relative to what you are getting. Don't be afraid to look it over real good and haggle!!

B

Gear ratio is PROBABLY 4.625 Check the plate on the inner passenger side fender HG46= 4.6 gears HG43= 4.3 gears

LSD is possible, though, no real way to know for sure without checking for the sticker on the pumpkin, orange in colour, stating LSD oil only, or by jacking up the rear to see if both wheels turn the same way.

Check the frame, and the floorboards, specifically the rear of the frame, and the floor under the driver's right foot, and under the rear seats.

Also check for RMS leak, which isn't really a deal killer, but something to haggle on. It's a 9 hour repair, at shop labour prices.

Other than that, check the tranny fluid to ensure it's nice an pink. If not, walk away. You don't want an expensive rebuild any time soon. If it's nice and pink, and you buy it, put an external cooler on it ASAP, and bypass the stock cooler.

well i went and checked it out. Body was in very good a shape. a lil rusty but definently way better than anything i have ever seen on others. and the inside was in great condition. all power and everything worked. oil changes all done on time at the same place. no leaks anywhere. only 103000k. newer tires but just street tires.

just a few questions.... Umm the tranny was a lil wierd. atleast i thought. it seemed to go to high rpms before shifting and shifted a lil rough. is that normal? and the rpm gauge was not working. and the brakes a lil squishy.

what does any of that mean? like bad tranny?

is it worth 3800?

I have a week to think it over shes going on vacation.

Also my friend who took my old pathy is gonna give me some money and whatnot for all the work i put into it. so thats kinda cool. if i get another pathy i kinda want to see if he will let me take his tires and some parts and swap them because he doesnt go off road. idk we will see what i can get.