Clutch Noise

ennacac

Just returned from a 600 mile round trip with my 89 SE V6 5-speed pulling a trailer that was not overloaded and now my clutch makes a noise like the throw out bearing is going out. It did not make any noise on the entire trip, but now that I am back it makes the noise each time I put in the clutch pedal.

I did not go over the speed limit on the entire trip and ran in 4th gear most of the time and the temp never went over normal and there was never any problem shifting!

Any way to make the noise go away short of pulling the transmission such as lubing the shaft the bearing rides on?

Tom

Any way to make the noise go away short of pulling the transmission such as lubing the shaft the bearing rides on?

Try bleeding the clutch hydraulics and check the slave cylinder/actuator on the tranny for proper function and travel.

Other than that, no, not that I know of.

Odds are you will have to pull the tranny, and replace the throw out bearing. Since you are there, you may as well inspect/replace everything else so you don't have to pull the tranny again any time soon. I replaced everything in the bell housing, including a resurfaced flywheel, for less than $300.

Good luck.

B

Try bleeding the clutch hydraulics and check the slave cylinder/actuator on the tranny for proper function and travel.

Other than that, no, not that I know of.

Odds are you will have to pull the tranny, and replace the throw out bearing. Since you are there, you may as well inspect/replace everything else so you don't have to pull the tranny again any time soon. I replaced everything in the bell housing, including a resurfaced flywheel, for less than $300.

Good luck.

B

im with him

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks! Had the transmission out of my Xterra for the same thing and it was not fun.

Tom

Good luck.

B

• 2 weeks later...