'89 Path - Removing drivers side door panel

hpm123

Need to get the drivers side door panel off to replace the window regulator but getting stuck with the power window switch cover and door handle assemblies. I've tried sliding a flat bladed instrument at the base of the assy, but there's something I'm missing...aside from a little common sense.

How do you get these assemblies disconnected so that the door panel can be removed? TIA -

Need to get the drivers side door panel off to replace the window regulator but getting stuck with the power window switch cover and door handle assemblies. I've tried sliding a flat bladed instrument at the base of the assy, but there's something I'm missing...aside from a little common sense.

How do you get these assemblies disconnected so that the door panel can be removed? TIA -

sounds like you are missing a screw here or there maybe this will help:

sec809.jpg

Roll the window down and remove the knob on the lock.

Completely remove the screw in the pocket of the armrest and slide it off toward the rear of the truck. Then remove the three screws hidden by the armrest.

The door handle stays on the door, its the trim ring around it that you need to remove. Slide a screwdriver in the gap between the two on the bottom (the tabs are on the top and bottom, not the sides).

Pop all the plastic holder dealies around the edges of the panel loose and lift it off.

The power window switch comes off with the door panel, then you can unplug the harness once the panel is off.

Hope this helps. :)

Completely remove the screw in the pocket of the armrest and slide it off toward the rear of the truck. Then remove the three screws hidden by the armrest.

The door handle stays on the door, its the trim ring around it that you need to remove. Slide a screwdriver in the gap between the two on the bottom (the tabs are on the top and bottom, not the sides).

Pop all the plastic holder dealies around the edges of the panel loose and lift it off.

The power window switch comes off with the door panel, then you can unplug the harness once the panel is off.

Exactly what he said, just watch where the plug for the window switch is when you re-install, took me forever to realize why my door panel had a bulge in it.

Much obliged fellas for the assistance - Had done all the steps on Big Shoes response, except for the door handle trim piece.

So one add'l clarification if you would please, its only the door handle trim piece that has to come off to get the door panel off?. The trim piece on the power window switch does not need to come off, just disconnected from the backside once the door panel is lifted off. (i kept trying to get this trim piece off which had me stuck and had me to the point where I thought I was going to break a tab or something)