Post-body-lift flexy pics. =)

statikuz

Thanks, it's gettin' there. Still deliberating on new wheels but I can't quite decide if I REALLY need 'em yet. :D

:D:D

I'm sure one of these days you just might find a good reason to justify some new wheels! :laugh:

Looking good, where did you get the basket from?

Good question... But also how is the basket mounted??? I'm going to build a roof rack/carrier, but my pathy doesn't have stock racks on already. I was wondering if you had to drill holes in your roof, and if so how did you seal'em up so no moisture gets in to damage the ceiling upholstery?

:huh:

Judging from the pics, his roof rack is mounted to doorsill towers for a standard aftermarket roof rack system like Thule or Yakima.

Lookin' good, Statikuz! Now all you need is some burly-arse tires and nice alloy wheels. :D

Yep, like 88 said, the basket is a Garvin Wilderness Accessories rack mounted on some Yakima bars and Yakima towers... Garvin sells a little bracket that lets you mount the rack to the bars [or, the bars to the rack if you're so inclined].

Thanks 88, I'm looking at some rockcrawlers [AR 767's more or less], got quoted $300 from Les Schwab for a set, mounted and balanced. Also deciding whether or not I want to get another fullsize tire for the spare. I've driven around on it before and it's not fun. ;)

Statikuz, if they have a discount tire near you check out the prices of wheels there. I got 5 streetlock rims mounted and balanced for $300, which is 60/rim. The 767 style were $40. Maybe you are looking at the American Racing brand though, the Unique brand makes similar wheels, but they are a little cheaper.

Les Schwab is about the cheapest place. =) And they're not American Racing specific, they're "Allied Wheel", but they all look the same anyway. Big O wanted like $450 for the set, and D&D Tire [American Car Care Center] wanted $95 per wheel. I think Les Schwab had them at $45-$50 per rim, plus the center caps, new lug nuts [why I don't know] and a mount and balance fee. I didn't think it was too bad. Moving to Reno this fall so I might be able to get a better deal there.

• 2 weeks later...

Lookin' good! I have a dumb question! P... I'm thinking about putting a body lift on first since it is much cheaper for me right now....Would it be better to put a body lift on before a suspension or doesn't it really matter? :huh:

Thanks everyone!

Guest bryan89

that pic was taken after the body lift right?

what did you do to lift the rear bumper back up to the body level?

:confused:

i know after i did my 89 pathy body lift there was a 3inch gap and still is. i havent gotten around to making a bumper yet.

You can unbolt the rear bumper from where it was; ditch some of the bracketry, and rebolt it to the frame a little higher up; there are already some holes in the frame that allow for this.