A dunin' we will go...

mws

Yup. '99 V10 Gasser.

It was bad enough trying to find everything else I wanted to try to hold out for diesel as well. We really wanted Super cab (not crew), real bed (not shorty), 4x4, 4.30 gears with LSD, and well maintained. Finding that is tough enough without holding out for a diesel with a stick.

Our trailer is quite modest by modern standards so we didn't need the torque of the diesel.

Besides, the gassers don't do too much worse on fuel economy when towing, and cost a whole lot less right now! We can buy a couple thousand gallons of gas for what we saved.

It was also a major bonus that this truck already came equipped with 315/75-16 tires! Those will be excellent for towing the trailer across the dunes.

Last time we used the F-350 and that sucker sank like, well, like an anchor.

LOL, well said!! (F350 anchor) ;)

We can buy a couple thousand gallons of gas for what we saved.

Yep, I have co-worker who bought a loaded Denali (yes, I know) 3 years ago. He's $30K into it now, I'm guessing $45k+ total price.

He needs out due to the payments, insurance and gas costs. His trade in offer was $16k+balance owed. Oh CRAP!!

Point of the story is, if you have $20k and can afford the gas, you can drive a $45k Denali... It takes a LOT of gas to make up that price difference!!

I like my $5k Pathy, thanks...

B