Cliffs Insane Terrain over Labor Day anyone?

MikeV

i thought it was going to be the badlands? hmmm

Guys out-voted me and switched to Cliffs!-(

Have to update the MXO thread

You better pack up that D.O. and make me some dinna!

:tonguefinger:

It's a little bit of a long shot but I now have a goal to get mine ready by then. My first fairly local one that I have seen yet. I saw some video and only hope that we will be ready and up for it.

Thanks for the info.

Cliffs is nice that there are really no hidden rocks, but mudd enough to make you cry for joy, and the hills are fun also.

I didn't get stuck and I only have LSD diff and front manual lockers.

Just make sure you can get it in 4 lo after the lift!-)

I was in the parking lot with a BFH (hamma time) doing a little fab work to the body to get it in low...

We will be camping at the campground next to Cliffs all weekend, forgot the name but will post it later.

Mike

:( It's not looking to promising now. Looks like I have a major frame rust issue on the right rear of my rig. After replacing the gas tank inlet and vent hoses I got to digging around the rust in front of my face. For about 4-6 inches or so I now only have one of the four sides to my box frame in the very rear. I feel it's not safe enough to take out and play until I fix that. I'll post some pics later. I'm so totally bummed. I was on pace to being able to make it too. I know there will be others but this was going to be my first and it being so near as well. But wonders never cease and never say never ............. hmmmmm. :wacko:

I'm having the same issue,

after I took off my rear sway, I got enough flex to hit my bumpstop (cracked the frame there)

grinding away and got 3/16" and 1/8" sheet and angle to fix it.(mostly 1/8" except where hitch will bolt in)

I'll take pics also.

Here are a few pics of my cancer run amuck ..(is that really a word?). I was figuring about the same wall thickness as well. I measured the thickness at a good point on the other side where it is still very sound and if I remember it right it was about 3mm.

My daughter and three grandkids are moving back in this week-thru-weekend so there goes some time but we'll get there just longer than I had hoped.n It will all be worth it.

• 1 month later...