Camaro DriveShaft on a Pathy?

MY1PATH

I we put a moser 9" w/ 3.89 gears in my friends 99 z28 and we also swapped to a newer aluminum diveshaft. He said I could have the old aluminum one and said it would be neat if I could get it on the pathy. that being said I took some measurements; center to center i think it was close to .

Pathy 36.75"

Camaro 40.5"

That being known, does anyone know how deep tranny yoke will slide in?

It might work @ ride height but with the more than 3" extra will it slam something B4 suspensoin can bottom out?

Edited by MY1PATH

the spline count is probably different...If theres a good shop in town you could have the camaro 1 shortened...a couple of inches is a good bit of axle length to make up...

I would use the slip yoke off the paty

Edited by MY1PATH

You'll have to remove that extra 3", you'll actually do the damage on droop. Look at which direction your trailing arms swing :togo: . I assume you already checked that the U-joints were the same size, if not might as well get the ends swapped while the shop is shortening it.

Thanks, I guess I was visualizing it backwards.

edit:

Also If anyone wants a used cevy 10-bolt w/ 3.43 gears(IIRC)PM me for details

Edited by MY1PATH

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, I guess I was visualizing it backwards.

edit:

Also If anyone wants a used cevy 10-bolt w/ 3.43 gears(IIRC)PM me for details

Your pretty much just putting on an aluminum shaft... whats the point? you need the nissan flange and the nissan yolk slip other then that your fskcked and if not more worse... go ahead and try to find someone that wants to weld the aluminum... for cheap :shiftyeyes: