Part number for overhead console light ?

Hi All,

Does anyone know the part number for what the owners and service manual refers to as the "personal light"? It is really the 2 lights in the front overhead console next to the digital compass and sunroof controls. The owner's manual doesn't give a part number, but lists the specs as 8 watt (seems high) and the picture clearly shows a bayonet mount. I couldn't find any part or spec in the service manual, and the Sylvania bulb finder doesn't list this part. It isn't the DE3175 tube of the middle and cargo overhead lights. I'm gonna try to find red bulbs for them, perhaps even LED bulbs.

Thanks.

The two lights by the compass can be replaced with several different #'s, Ba9s, 1895, 363, and W6W bulbs.

Just a warning with LED lights, while they do have cool colors, they do not shine bright, nowhere near stock bulbs! I have LED BA9S currently installed and i only use them as "mood lighting" as they are useless for actually finding anything in the dark

The bulbs are BA9S. I replaced both of my map lights with high-intensity LED arrays from autolumination.com. They are REALLY bright. Come to think of it, all interior lights except for the vanity mirror are now LEDs. You can also find LED dome light replacements at oznium.com.

I'll try to take a pic when I have a chance.

xplorx, would you say that your current LED lights are brighter or comparable to stock?

I installed some light blue raybrig BA9S and like I said, you can't see sh** at night

Maybe i should avoid any colored LEDs?

Thanks for the specs. LEDs are highly variable as to the focus (tight, soft, or inverted) and their output. You obviously can't compare wattage between LED and incandescent. But even comparing lumens, or wattage between LEDs can be problematic due to the differences. You pretty much have to try, but I much prefer more and better data than most LED vendors provide. LEDs toward the violet part of the spectrum tend to be less efficient and therefore put out less light. White and red LEDs generally have similar outputs, but your eye will perceive white as more light than red.

xplorx, would you say that your current LED lights are brighter or comparable to stock?

I installed some light blue raybrig BA9S and like I said, you can't see sh** at night

OMG, they're way brighter than stock! I think I got the 25-LED array in white. Like I said earlier, I'll take a pic when I get a chance. Hopefully tomorrow....

so those fit in the map light (by the compass)?

Do they get hot?

Yes, they fit perfectly in the map lights (the ones on either side of the sunroof switches), and they do not get hot. I keep forgetting to take a pic of what it looks like...