torsion bar lock nut?

bigdave

Does anyone know the size of the torsion bar lock nuts that sit on top of the adjusting nut? I seem to have dropped the lock nuts while adjusting the torsion bars a few days ago and i have to go buy 2 more. Size and thread pitch is all i need to know.

Just to make sure everyone knows what im talking about, its the nuts you loosen above the nuts the torsion bar adjuster screws in to. Thanks ahead of time!

Does anyone know the size of the torsion bar lock nuts that sit on top of the adjusting nut? I seem to have dropped the lock nuts while adjusting the torsion bars a few days ago and i have to go buy 2 more. Size and thread pitch is all i need to know.

Just to make sure everyone knows what im talking about, its the nuts you loosen above the nuts the torsion bar adjuster screws in to. Thanks ahead of time!

I think they are 19mm.

Doug

I think they are 19mm.

Doug

Any idea on the thread? Its kinda hard to pull up to a hardware store and drop the torsion bar to go inside and compare nuts, lol.

I just looked in the FSM, and there's no mention of the nut size. My inclination is to say M12x1.5, though, I'm not 100% sure on that. Your only real option is to pick up a few nuts in M10, and M12 varieties (those would be the only sizes I can think that they would be) and try to see which one fits, since you're missing both lock nuts.

Let me go out and measure it for you, I have calipers, thread gauges, etc... BRB

B

M12x1.25 with the flats 19mm across. Not that that matters, but it's nice to put a 19mm wrench on one and a 3/4" on the other...

Make sure the nuts thread on before you leave the store parking lot!!

BTW, I checked it with a thread file (couldn't find the thread gauge, I need to clean the garage!). I highly recommend getting one (or 2, metric and standard), they are cheap and handy!

Edited by Precise1

Wow thanks. Thats exactly what i needed to know. It helps knowing the exact specs on the nut because 19mm nuts arent carried by many hardware stores. This assists in my calling around in the morning. Again, thanks!

HA! I found the 2 upper nuts in the shoes i used last while working on the Pathfinder. Now i remember i stuck them in there so i wouldnt lose them. Figures :stickwack:

*snort*

I'd laugh at you if I haven't done similar things... You are welcome for the nut specs and I'm glad you didn't need it! :beer:

B

I was actually slipping my shoes on to go to the hardware store... :itsallgood: