alarm stoppin my pathy from starting?

so i still cant figure out why my 95 wont start...now i do have that stupid alarm in it. you know that alarm that sits under the drivers seat. Now my question is, at all possiablity will that keep my truck from starting cause i did replace the starter, battery, water pump, crank shaft and cam shaft seals, i didnt know if it reset it by replacing all that stuff or what...but what do yall think??

Edited by 95offroad4x4

I think the 95's have an alarm system that kills the fuel flow when activated. Should bypass this when the key is turned. Do you hear your fuel pump when you turn the key on? If I recall in your other thread, you have fuel pressure in the rails so my guess would be no, this is not the issue.

I will go back and reread your other thread to check the symptoms closer but an engine is fairly simple... it needs air, fire, fuel and all at the right time.

in a nutshell...

Does the starter engage they flywheel and crank the motor when you turn the key (if yes, starter is ok)

If you pull a plug and ground it to the block and crank the engine, do you have spark (if yes, assume you have fire in at least one cyl)

If you disco your coil and crank the engine, then pull the plugs, are they wet with fuel (if yes, getting fuel)

If you pull the plug on cyl 1 and hand crank CAREFULLY until a probe inserted through the hole indicates that you are at TDC, pull your disty cap and check to see if you are aligned to fire on cyl 1 (if so, timing close enough to act like it wants to start) May be 180 degrees off... that's bad

Air won't matter until it starts. With clogged filter, you'll start but choke out shortly. I think you don't even get any attempt to start but I'll reread.

There are also a couple of interlock-type thingies that would prevent starting but typically they cut power to your starter solenoid so you can't even crank it over.

Stick with it,.... we'll get to the bottom of this mess.

make sure you paya ttention eo every symptom. even a fluctuation or cycling as you crank can indicate something different than if it were simply the starter spinning the engine.

Edited by k9sar

So it hasnt ran since you replaced cam and crank seals? I guess that means you replaced the timing belt also? If this is the case, do what K9 said and recheck your timing marks. If you got the belt way off, you may of created more problems. Check the timing belt write up in the How to section for the alingment marks and procedure.

^^^ pretty much covers it, but did you also change the Timing belt????

If you swapped in a new timing belt, the timing may need to be adjusted... turn the dizzy all the way one way see if it will start, then back around the other way...

More details if you need em...

i repaced the water pump, cam shaft and crank shaft seals and yes the timing belt too. about 1 month ago and it ran after that. and at that time the starter was going out. so a month later i replaced starter and battery. had alterntor check and its good.

i have spark. and fuel pump is working, i took the fuel pump line off right where it hits the fuel injectors, cranked it over and fuel sprayed everywhere. . then i cranked it for like, lets say 5 to 7 sec , checked spark plug and was dry.

now is it stopping my fuel or are my injectors out? is the million dollar question!!

Edited by 95offroad4x4

I think the 95's have an alarm system that kills the fuel flow when activated. Should bypass this when the key is turned. Do you hear your fuel pump when you turn the key on?

^as above.. turn the key on without starting it.. the 95's have a fuel pump indicator, it beeps or what have you while the pump kicks in. no indicator no pump.

(edit)

u have fuel. so forget that part. Unplug the battery, go under your driver seat and unplug the alarm module. put the lugs back on your battery and try that. if that doesnt work, then its not your alarm.

Edited by SkotZ