Body lift questions

2bit

Hey!

I'm in the middle of installing a 3 inch Performance Accessories body lift and have some questions.

This is the first time i've been under my '94 so it's all very new to me.

Ok, i've got the front bumper off, the loop thing off, the gas filler hose is ready, the stearing shaft is sitting in lube waiting to budge and the power stearing pump is unbolted. I realize there is more but can I get a break down on what there is? I guess basically anything that is attached to the body and frame have to be unbolted eh? Like all those hard lines running down the passanger side frame rail...Now after I grind the bolt head off (rusty) do they just hang there after the lift or do I reattach them somehow.

One more dumb question..a couple of the body bolts have the white plastic cover in the cab. How do you remove that plastic cap safely without destroying it.

Thank you for you help!!!!

Nick

Holy smokes. I have been trying to break some body bolts free and I broke my hand tool. I think i'm going to order a impact wrench to do the rest. Nothing beets working on a 14 year old truck that's spent it's life beside the ocean collecting rust!

For the most part no pics should be needed, it's fairly simple overall.

Did you use any penetrating oil (such as PB Blaster) prior to starting? Best idea is to soak them a couple tiems a day for a week, before you start breaking things free ;)

Yeah, I was only hoping for pics and OR detailed list of what needs removing, But i'll figure it out!

and yeah, lots of liquid wrench has been used.

Just finished mine today, good idea to take the fuel filter out of the holder (but don't disconnect). Also, on the firewall on passenger side there is a small tube that comes up and is bent around 180 degrees, this is your breathers for the differentials. Loosen both mounting bolts (upper and lower). All my body mounts cracked free really easily, except for one that I broke. It helps to have somebody doing it with you so they can watch when your jacking it up if anything is being stretched.

yup, more eyes the better

i used a longer piece of fuel line to hook up the front diff breather again. There is also a rubber line in the gas vent circuit that gets stretched pretty good, although mine held together. Don't forget about the fan shroud and radiator. Leave the safety hoop off. The crossmember will catch the rear driveshaft if it ever snaps