'97 Corner Lights and other stuf

My problem first of all is that my corner headlight got smashed. I got a new one but apparently other @!*% got broken like the hardware it mounts to. I have nowhere to secure it. I really need SOME kind of solution for inspection.

Next problem is that the corner lights do NOT go on. I thought they were Daytime lights and the sensor is broken but the turn signal doesn't light up either in the corner light. It goes on in the bumper and taillights but not the corner light. I also have no working dash light. It doesn't go on with the lights but all the other warning lights work as well as the cluster. Is there a fuse for the corner lights and the dash lights?

I just really need to get all the loose ends so I can get this inspected and on the road.

Edited by JackTheStripper

If your have an R50 then I dont think you have a turn signal light in the corner light. It is just one bulb that goes on when you turn the headlight switch to teh first on position before the headlight position. The corner light should have a lip on top with a hole to mount the light from teh top. Then there is a "post" coming out of it that goes into a plastic gromet dealy to secure the bottom. I used a dowel when I flopped my truck. I do not know what dash light your talking about either. please explain

My problem first of all is that my corner headlight got smashed. I got a new one but apparently other @!*% got broken like the hardware it mounts to. I have nowhere to secure it. I really need SOME kind of solution for inspection.

Next problem is that the corner lights do NOT go on. I thought they were Daytime lights and the sensor is broken but the turn signal doesn't light up either in the corner light. It goes on in the bumper and taillights but not the corner light. I also have no working dash light. It doesn't go on with the lights but all the other warning lights work as well as the cluster. Is there a fuse for the corner lights and the dash lights?

I just really need to get all the loose ends so I can get this inspected and on the road.

As mentioned above, the front corner lights are merely "running lamps". It's possible the bulbs could just be burned out. Replace them with new 194 bulbs. If you don't have running lamps at all (including the rear taillights), then it could be a blown "parking lamp" fuse.

As for securing a new corner lamp to the vehicle, if the mounting parts are broken, you may need to just attach it with double-sided tape or duct tape.

Finally, if the parking lamps are working, but the instrument cluster lights are not, try rotating the dashboard dimmer dial under the driver's-side left A/C vent. If only the lights behind the A/C controls do not work, then those bulbs are likely burned out. Replacing them is simple, but requires removal of the center dash panel and the A/C control dials.

If things still seem to be not working after checking the fuses and bulbs, you may need a new dash dimmer switch, or possibly even a new headlamp/turn signal combo switch.

As mentioned above, the front corner lights are merely "running lamps". It's possible the bulbs could just be burned out. Replace them with new 194 bulbs. If you don't have running lamps at all (including the rear taillights), then it could be a blown "parking lamp" fuse.

As for securing a new corner lamp to the vehicle, if the mounting parts are broken, you may need to just attach it with double-sided tape or duct tape.

Finally, if the parking lamps are working, but the instrument cluster lights are not, try rotating the dashboard dimmer dial under the driver's-side left A/C vent. If only the lights behind the A/C controls do not work, then those bulbs are likely burned out. Replacing them is simple, but requires removal of the center dash panel and the A/C control dials.

If things still seem to be not working after checking the fuses and bulbs, you may need a new dash dimmer switch, or possibly even a new headlamp/turn signal combo switch.

Dash lights work but where's the parking lamp fuse? And does duct tape ... work for inspection? :rolleyes: I mean there's workarounds for everything but right now the wire is tied to keep it "in"

Dash lights work but where's the parking lamp fuse?

Oh, I thought you said in an earlier post that the dash lights don't work. Do your taillights work? There's a fuse diagram on the back of the coin tray.

Oh, I thought you said in an earlier post that the dash lights don't work. Do your taillights work? There's a fuse diagram on the back of the coin tray.

Yeah I just checked it and it worked but I see no parking lamp fuse. THe brake lights work. DO you mean the brake light fuse?

Yeah I just checked it and it worked but I see no parking lamp fuse. THe brake lights work. DO you mean the brake light fuse?

It sounds like you need to buy the new housing for the corner lights (I think thats what its called?). I smashed the sh!t outta mine about a year ago & had to go to a pick-n-pull to get another one.

And does duct tape ... work for inspection? I mean there's workarounds for everything but right now the wire is tied to keep it "in"

I don't know about PA but I have a shop here in NC that all they do is hook up my Pathy to the computer emissions thing & check that. Other than that they don't look over my ride at all (love those guys). In fact I just got it "inspected" yesturday. Passed & everything.

I don't know about PA but I have a shop here in NC that all they do is hook up my Pathy to the computer emissions thing & check that. Other than that they don't look over my ride at all (love those guys). In fact I just got it "inspected" yesturday. Passed & everything.

I have the housing. That's what I'm talking about. I'm really just interested in making these lights work first cause I realise that I'm going to need to rig something crazy up.

I have the housing. That's what I'm talking about. I'm really just interested in making these lights work first cause I realise that I'm going to need to rig something crazy up.

all fixed but how do I REMOVE the corner light. I got the screw up top but it won't budge. I need to change the bulb :-(

all fixed but how do I REMOVE the corner light. I got the screw up top but it won't budge. I need to change the bulb :-(

Wooo I knew the top screw was the only one. It was REALLY in there. The pathy is now ALL legal.

Project pathfinder is on it's way

pathy: $500

parts: $50?

exhaust: $220 (good job from manifolds back)

Let's see if I can get a sub-$1000 SUV here ...

Eh my driver corner light has been burnt out since I bought my pathy. They seem pretty useless to me; turn signals are on the bumper and the main headlights act as daytime running lights when the truck is running. The only time the corner lights actually come on is when you're in that first headlight position and I dare not go into that for fear of giving bored cops a reason to pull me over.

Edited by Zibi

the main headlights act as daytime running lights when the truck is running. The only time the corner lights actually come on is when you're in that first headlight position and I dare not go into that for fear of giving bored cops a reason to pull me over.

The corner lights remain on when the headlight switch is in the second position as well. An advantage of working corner marker lights is that other drivers are better able to see your vehicle from the side, such as when you're making a turn into traffic. Remember, headlights and marker lights are not only for your benefit; they're also for the benefit of other drivers.