cloth to leather seat swap

Nissan3

Hey everyone, Haven't been on the forums in a while, but gotta question I was hoping someone had an answer to. I am looking to take a set of leather seats out of a 98 pathfinder LE and put them in my 03 chilkoot edition. I am confident the seats will fit but I was wondering what was involved in getting the electric seats to work and the heaters. I found some wires under the seat which I assume are for the optional electric and heated seats, do I just plug them in, take the heated seat switches and pop in some fuses, our is there more involved?

thanks

I did this in my 98...it really is that easy! The heat did not work well with my set, so I don't know if they had damage to the heating pads or if there is a specific wiring scheme to make them work. I would assume that mine were damaged since most heaters are just a dead short...your switch should help dictate which path the electric takes through the seat...in turn resistance/heat.....enjoy and of course put up some pics!!

--------->I did use fairly good sized wire for the entire set up---I used 12 gauge as well as several fuses including one by the battery and one right at the distribution block for the seats.

• 1 year later...

So I finally got my leathers in...had them for a few months now actually. I am now trying to hook up the heated seats, not even sure if the heating elements work in the seats though. Right now I am trying to track down some switches to activate the heaters, does anyone by chance know if switchs from a 96 maxima would work? I was hoping they were universal in all nissans, by picture they look like theu would as they are the same size as the pathfinders. Anyways if anyone knows that would be awesome

Seat heaters are a "dead short" the only difference in the two is the path the current is given (low, high). If you want to check them first just figure out which wire is ground and then fire some current through the others to see if they heat up.

• 2 weeks later...
Seat heaters are a "dead short" the only difference in the two is the path the current is given (low, high). If you want to check them first just figure out which wire is ground and then fire some current through the others to see if they heat up.

I sent you a PM!

Thanks i Responded. So i got the switches finally took them out of a 96 maxima, same switch all through out the 9 years. Seats seem to heat up perfectly not bad considering there about 12 years old and sat in a scrap yard for about a year. So here are a few pics

thanks

seats

switches

Thanks i Responded. So i got the switches finally took them out of a 96 maxima, same switch all through out the 9 years. Seats seem to heat up perfectly not bad considering there about 12 years old and sat in a scrap yard for about a year. So here are a few pics

thanks

seats

switches

Looks good...and mud is easier to wipe off of a leather seat then on cloth ..hahahaha

Thanks for sharing the info !

S.

from my many junkyard runs, i've noticed that nissan used the same basic accessory switches for ALL their vehicles. my in-cab winch controls consist of a main arming switch which used to be a fog light switch in a maxima, and a line-in/out switch which used to be a seat heater switch in a QX4. it works great because it's triplue-pull/throw (for line-in, stationary, line-out). the backlight obviously only turns on when line is coming in or going out; the arming switch is backlit as well to easily indicate a live circuit. it all looks very OEM! (of course, the seat heater and fog light logos have all been taken off.)