New to Pathfinders, A few questions

Hey guys, I might be purchasing a 1994 Pathy, 2wd, automatic, Vg30e... Black on Black. It has 150k miles on the dot, engine cranks right up and idles around 750/800rpms, revs up nicely, interior is nearly perfect and the exterior is pretty good but needs a good cleaning, clay, and wax in order for it to be smooth and shiny.

I'm not new to Nissan's at all, I've had three maxima's... two 1994's and a 1993, one with the VG30e and the other two with the VE30DE and I'm on Maxima.org every day. I know how bullet proof the VG30e is and love the engine, so I imagine the pathfinder application is just as good. We were originally looking for a weekend beach vehicle or something we could take offroad and not worry about getting dirty and such, so we were apparently looking for a 4x4 pathy because of my previous knowledge with Nissans.

The guy wants $1000 for this truck which as far as I've seen seems pretty low, I know it was in a slight collision, but there was no frame damage and both front fenders have been replaced and just need paint (black truck, dark grey primer fenders.) How do the 2 wheel drive 2nd gens do off road? Should it be fine for light duty sand and soft dirt if we get some more aggressive tires? If it is, it seems like the perfect candidate, but on the other hand... at such a low price we could paint the fenders and clean it up some and possibly trade it for a 4x4 pathy that is around $2500 or so.

Let me me hear what you guys have to say since I'm kind of on the fence about it...

Thanks,

Taylor

at such a low price we could paint the fenders and clean it up some and possibly trade it for a 4x4 pathy that is around $2500 or so.

In all honesty Taylor just wait & buy a 4wd Pathy if you plan on running it on the beach or offroad any. You'll be much happier. Good luck.

There have been a few aggressive 2 wheel drives, but when push comes to shove, the 4x4 is far superior. I recommend being patient and looking around for the 4x4. There are TONS of them available!!

B