Temp Gauge

When I'm at a stand still the Temp Gauge rises almost to the top and when I begin to move it returns to normal. What can be causing this problem? I have anti-freeze in the radiator.

could be a bad fan clutch or even dirt in the radiator (exterior). I had the same problem, replaced thermostat and fan clutch, still had problem, finally figured out that all the radiator needed was a good cleaning.

I took a garden hose from the back of the radiator towards the front and A BUNCH of brown stuff came out, even though the radioator looked clean to the naked eye. I'm not guaranteeing that this will work but if youve done a lot of offroading its worth a try for free.

To check fan clutch: Warm your engine up to operating temp, turn off, and spin the fan by hand. Does it spin freely or less than a full revolution and stop? If it spins loosely, fan clutch is bad.

Just don't pressure wash your radiator! Use a garden hose like mentioned. A friend of mine powerwashed his and bent half the fins out of shape.

Thanks guys. I'll try it tomorrow and keep you posted.

Fueler has it right. Most likely Fan clutch. Could be a good time for an E-fan swap! If you do just have a dirty radiator, I recommend flushing it out first, then go ahead and remove the radiator so you can clean the fins really really good, then re-install it and put fresh anti-freeze in there. It's really easy to do and cheap insurance. I did this and replaced all my hoses when I did my t-belt change.