Highschool don't drink and drive demonstation 90path SE....

Im a full time fireman in northern NJ and yesterday we went to the towns highschool to cut up cars as a demonstration why NOT to drink and drive for prom weekend and many people donate cars to us for this purpose. we had about 7 cars to cut up (one for each period) then they are towed away by the wrecker that brought them and they get paid to dispose of them soreally not our property. Anyway one flatbed pulled up with a perfectly fine 90-91 black SE pathfinder started it up drove it across the lot backed it to the curb (along with an early 90's buick that ran fine too) I don't think either had titles but it was murder cutting the poor pathfinder up, and it was in good but neglected shape. no frame rust!!! i couldn't believe it esp for a salty jersey truck. had 220k on the ticker although it ran fine no tap tap tap tap on startup from manifold leak either. well its a convertable now unfortunately and since its not our property no way to "save" them or even take parts its not worth losing my job or pension over something like this. Guys were joking how it was in better shape then my 92SE.....Makes me wonder how many go to the crusher this way......

Scott

ps the kids were more concerned with the 92 3 series bmw that didnt rub but looked in GREAT shape....

they always popped a car on the front lawn that a DD was driving or had hit that someone got killed in for us...and then gave us beer goggles and sent us on a course with cones in a golf cart...which I drove through flawlessly and then got a nice lecture on how this didn't mean it was ok for me to drink and drive...

We do the same sort of thing at my high school except it only happens every 4 years and they bring in the University of Michigan Helicopter and they have kids in the car when they open it up and its really intense. They load them in ambulances and drive off. crazy stuff. That sucks about the pathy though. Couldn't you have just contacted the towing company and gotten it for like $100? I'd love to have a pathy convertible.