91 pathy two harness wiring

moospis

hi all- i have a 91 pathy that has 5 wires from the rear wiring harness 2 from the left blinker and 3 from the right side. i have a 4 wire flat plug on my boat trailer. i have tried every combination to get these wires correct and all i do is blow fuses. does anyone know the correct wiring for this vehicle?

hi all- i have a 91 pathy that has 5 wires from the rear wiring harness 2 from the left blinker and 3 from the right side. i have a 4 wire flat plug on my boat trailer. i have tried every combination to get these wires correct and all i do is blow fuses. does anyone know the correct wiring for this vehicle?

Here is the wiring diagrams for the 95 models. I would assume they should be the same.

I have included both the Truck and Wagon diags.

WagonTaillights.jpg

Taillights.jpg

Pre-93 trucks are not the same in terms of general wiring, FYI.

In fact - as an example - as I've just learned, the 89- 4/90 trucks with automatic climate control have a different wiring loom and climate control head unit from *any* other WD21.

Edited by GhostPath

Pre-93 trucks are not the same in terms of general wiring, FYI.

In fact - as an example - as I've just learned, the 89- 4/90 trucks with automatic climate control have a different wiring loom and climate control head unit from *any* other WD21.

Surely the rear wiring to the stop lamps etc would be at least very similar. They have naff all to do with climate control, and besides those diags should be at least a rough guide IMHO.

Dealt with that 2 years ago; and found the best way was to re-wire the boat trailer ($25 waterproof kit from Wal-lyWorld) and it has worked fine for 2 years (no splices to come and haunt me while I'm in the Northwoods also...)

Edited by MikeVanceinWI

Hi all- to Ghostpath, kiwipete, dagwoodzz and all who replied to my post. I believe I found the solution at etrailers.com. I went to hitch dealers and found the wire harness specific to my pathfinder. You guys had me on the right path with the t-connector. I just had to find the right one. Hopefully, I should be ready to go by this weekend since the part is coming from missouri to minnesota. Thanks to you all! pc_VWH_118353.htm