what was 'broken' in your suspension lift?

schro

I've read a lot in the postings about what can be done for suspension lift for a '95 (WD21)

I originally considered a torsion bar crank, upper 'A' arm, new shocks, and JGC coils, but I would like to know what problems to expect with this setup.

after taxes this setup will likely cost me Can$ 525-550 (275-300 for the 'A' arm, 50 for the coils, and 50 per corner for the shocks)

By comparison the kit from Calmini runs about Can$ 900 after taxes and includes all of the above, plus HD torsion bars, new upper ball joints and a drop bracket for the "track bar" (is this panhard?), all in lovely blue powdercoat. But coming up with this much coin at one drop is a bit heavy

If the cheaper setup is not going to cause any problems then I may go that route, but if I should expect problems with weak ball joints, or soft torsion bars, or less than ideal fit I would like to know, and I will consider a kit.

My only concern with the Calmini kit aside from the one time cost is, what about those ball joints, they are not OEM compatible, so if something happens to one, I am at the mercy of Calmini's less than stellar shipping history, and waiting for a replacement instead of a quick trip to Lordco for a Moog replacement.

Give me some feedback on your experiences.

Have you used the Calmini kit or not?

What worked best for you?

What did not work?

Cheers,

Schro.

I'm pretty sure calmi uses the MOOG OEM style replacement and can be found @ any parts store. The T-bars are not a must unless you want stiffer suspension or you want to prevent bottoming out too easy with the weight of an extra heavy bumper and/or winch.

IMO go I would go with the calmini just cause I like having a done deal like that + I think the calmini UCA's look stronger.

I like blue so that by itself makes it worth every penny.... JK but blue is still nice.

Calmini is a waste of money, in my opinion. Their bushings are crap in the UCA's, and their rear coils are no better than JGC coils. I have run stock t-bars with my lift with no issues, and I have an ARB, and now a winch. I don't have a drop bracket for my panhard rod either.

To be honest, you can do a good suspension lift for under $300......

Calmini is a waste of money, in my opinion.

To be honest, you can do a good suspension lift for under $300......

IF you can still get Rough Country UCA's and find a set of JGC's springs for cheap.

(anybody try RC lately? I'm waitin' on my rebate check :) )

Local yards around here want $50-$75 for used coils.

New costs $100-$200 Might be better to just buy new.

And can you still get Rough Country UCA's cheap?

If not your going to spend $275-$350 for Superlifts/Calmini's.

(unless you want to take a chance with AC's $200 ones)

RC UCA's/JGC coils are a great deal if you can find 'em cheap &

will actually get 3".outa the coils.

Edited by jitterymonkey

Even at $300 for the RC arms, and $100 for the JGC coils, you're still in better shape than with the $900 Calmini lift.

Even at $300 for the RC arms, and $100 for the JGC coils, you're still in better shape than with the $900 Calmini lift.

:aok: Your right about that.

:itsallgood: I'm not trying to argue.

Just pointing out that the RC/JGC lift might not be as cheap as it once was.

At $275 for UCA's and $200 for springs + $150? shocks your gettin' up there.

and don't forget steering NONE of the "kits" include a HOOHAA centerlink ;)

:aok: Your right about that.

:itsallgood: I'm not trying to argue.

Just pointing out that the RC/JGC lift might not be as cheap as it once was.

At $275 for UCA's and $200 for springs + $150? shocks your gettin' up there.

and don't forget steering NONE of the "kits" include a HOOHAA centerlink ;)

Imo no one should be paying 200$ for springs, especially if you're going used. Hell I bought my 4.5-5.5" bronco lift springs for 110$ brandnew.