Engine Water Suction Tube...

texasbudman

My 90 appeared to have a bad water pump (key word: appeared)... so I ordered one... a week later (caribbean time) it arrives and now the mechanic says the water pump is fine and I need a "engine water suction tube" and showed me the real problem... I orignally took it to him because I have my girlfriends family in from the mainland and I know she wouldn't be happy with me playing mechanic on the weekend...

I did a search but I didn't find anything useful... So...

Does anyone have any input on this???

Should I ck/change anything eles with all the work he's gonna be doing?? This is a lil beyond my simple Kmart socket set jobs/knowlege...

Any and all useful input is appreciated...

Thanks

Edited by texasbudman

Okay I was told that the parts store here can't get it... I have to either go to the dealership or get it from a junk yard... there are not a lot of junkyards here and they are small... can anyone recommend a GOOD on line junkyard... or actually ones to stay away from...

Engine water suction tube, that's a new one on me. What part is that, precisely?

Thats what I was told... I just figured it was my ignorance, that's why I put it in quotes... he said that he needed the upper and lower Intake Manafold Gaskets too, to get in there... he showed me the hole above the water pump...I was told the water pump is fine...

I was told at the parts store that I had to get it from a junkyard or the dealership... I'm gonna have to go look at it agian, in not such a hurry and show him a diagram... or something... I'll be the first to admit not knowing much about these engines attached with 4 wheels...

I'm thinking that its some type of caribbean slang that I don't know...

Edited by texasbudman

I have no idea what that is but I think what he is talking about from the description of where it is is the hose (tube) that runs through the center of the intake to the heater core and right back in somewhere up at the WP...that or slicks infamous rubber hose...

(the hose running between the heads mebe?)

2050078_38_full.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

I have no idea what that is but I think what he is talking about from the description of where it is is the hose (tube) that runs through the center of the intake to the heater core and right back in somewhere up at the WP...that or slicks infamous rubber hose...

(the hose running between the heads mebe?)

2050078_38_full.jpg

By George I think your right!!!!!!!!!!

I glanced in and saw where everything changed color in the area where the water blead out and the hole... but it look metal and I figured that a hose running beteen the heads would be too hot... so I figured it would be metal... hence "tube" instead of hose... I'm looking at my part # diagram and I think its part #14075 ( I really need to go re-ck)...

Anyhow, the mechanic isn't much of a talker and was ref'ed by a friend... but I'm willing to bet my truck, he's from one of the British Islands... I didn't even think of that... hahaaaaaa

Thanks for the help John...