255/75/17 fit on my pathy?

i have a 2002 nissan pathfinder with a 2in AC suspension lift i found a great deal on some mud terrains but they are 255/75/17 which is a 32in tire. i dont mind a little rubbing i just dont want a disaster and to tear up my baby will these tires fit on my stock 17in rims and not tear up my car since i have the 2 inch lift?? HELPPPP MEE

i have a 2002 nissan pathfinder with a 2in AC suspension lift i found a great deal on some mud terrains but they are 255/75/17 which is a 32in tire. i dont mind a little rubbing i just dont want a disaster and to tear up my baby will these tires fit on my stock 17in rims and not tear up my car since i have the 2 inch lift?? HELPPPP MEE

I'm not sure if things are different for a 17" than with my 16" factory wheels, but a 32" tire probably will not fit under your lower spring seat on the front struts. I ran a 247/75R16 on factory rims and it rubbed on the spring seat, which wore the tire down. I ended up buying some rims with a 4" backspacing which brings the wheel farther out, so the tire rides up beside the spring instead of underneath it, thus allow larger diameter tires. Even doing this didn't solve all the problems. My front mudflaps needed to be removed to prevent them from rubbing and being torn off.

I should mention I have the ~2" OME lift, with a 1" spacer up front, so I probably have slightly more lift than you, and I still needed to pull the mudflaps off. I'm running a 265/75R16 mud tire, which should be 0.5" more in diameter, (1/4" closer to the mudflap) than the tires you're thinking about, so in that respect, you might make it. My main conern would be the strut to tire clearance. That tire should fit your wheels though. I think a 255 is happy on anything from around 6.5-8" wide.

I'm not sure if things are different for a 17" than with my 16" factory wheels, but a 32" tire probably will not fit under your lower spring seat on the front struts. I ran a 247/75R16 on factory rims and it rubbed on the spring seat, which wore the tire down. I ended up buying some rims with a 4" backspacing which brings the wheel farther out, so the tire rides up beside the spring instead of underneath it, thus allow larger diameter tires. Even doing this didn't solve all the problems. My front mudflaps needed to be removed to prevent them from rubbing and being torn off.

I should mention I have the ~2" OME lift, with a 1" spacer up front, so I probably have slightly more lift than you, and I still needed to pull the mudflaps off. I'm running a 265/75R16 mud tire, which should be 0.5" more in diameter, (1/4" closer to the mudflap) than the tires you're thinking about, so in that respect, you might make it. My main conern would be the strut to tire clearance. That tire should fit your wheels though. I think a 255 is happy on anything from around 6.5-8" wide.

well in that case i might end up goin with 265/70/17 its a little smaller but for some reason hard to finda good deal on some agressive tires in that size if anyone knows of anythin thats gunna end up around 600 or 700$ thats an agressive all terrain or even a mud terrain let me no i want tires baddd

well in that case i might end up goin with 265/70/17 its a little smaller but for some reason hard to finda good deal on some agressive tires in that size if anyone knows of anythin thats gunna end up around 600 or 700$ thats an agressive all terrain or even a mud terrain let me no i want tires baddd

My stock SE comes with 265/70 size tires...265/75 is equivalent to a 31" tire

My stock SE comes with 265/70 size tires...265/75 is equivalent to a 31" tire

are u on a 17in rim tho? 255/75/17 is a 32 where as a 265/70/17 is a 31..... my pathy came with 245/65/17 stock and i got it lifted, im tired of street tires, i want me some offroad capable tires

are u on a 17in rim tho? 255/75/17 is a 32 where as a 265/70/17 is a 31..... my pathy came with 245/65/17 stock and i got it lifted, im tired of street tires, i want me some offroad capable tires

yea your right 265/75 on a 15" rim is 31 inches tall, whereas it is like 32.3 for a 17 inch rim

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I have an 03 LE with the same stock tires, I am lifting it 1.75" with the ome lift.

How tall a tire can we go? Would 245/75/17 fit?

• 2 weeks later...