Transmission cooler install--tranny fluid outflow

baindoor

Got a 1999.5 Pathfinder 3.3. I'm installing a transmission cooler. Wondering if anyone knows which transmission fluid line is the outflow from the transmission (passenger side or driver side)?

thanks

Jeff

It matters-- transmission cooler is supposed to be in series after the existing transmission cooler below the rad. So you need to know which line is flowing out from the tranny and which line flows back to the tranny. I can check by running the engine with the lines disconnected but it someone knows which is which it means its less messy for my garage....

Thanks

Jeff

NOt off the top of my head, but just have someone start it, while you have both lines in a bucket. see which one fluid comes out of, and shut the truck off immediately.

Pretty easy, and that's how I did mine.

It matters-- transmission cooler is supposed to be in series after the existing transmission cooler below the rad. So you need to know which line is flowing out from the tranny and which line flows back to the tranny. I can check by running the engine with the lines disconnected but it someone knows which is which it means its less messy for my garage....

Thanks

Jeff

Funny...Most of the members I've seen have ditched the OE cooler and just run the aftermarket one...Maybe just a WD thing.

yeah the point of an other cooler is to bypass the stock cooler as they become clogged over time, so running it in line does no good, as it will eventually become clogged as well.