LPG Topic

Kittamaru

I remember some of the heavy equipment I used to drive had dual fuel setups, they could run diesel or propane. It was nice to go into a warehouse and be able to not burn diesel, but still use the same piece of equipment.

I remember some of the heavy equipment I used to drive had dual fuel setups, they could run diesel or propane. It was nice to go into a warehouse and be able to not burn diesel, but still use the same piece of equipment.

Yeah all the forklifts i've ever driven have all been propane-powered

• 5 weeks later...

Been running an LPG converted VG30E for a while now and it's fan-freakin'tastic in the financial sense, clean as hell (oil looks like honey even after extended use), and those of you have driven LPG forklifts are familiar with the way it powers on directly with little lag and a pleasantly assuring "whoooosh." Was installed when I bought it (major selling point for me as at $6-7 a gallon running a 3l V6 on normal gasoline is well beyond my means) so unfortunately I don't know as much about it as I'd like. Here locally it's a (fairly) inexpensive and very common conversion. From talking to a local installer I've gathered that it functions using heat from the coolant to break down the LPG (had some cooling system problems and it just stopped working) where it is injected directly into the intake turning off then bypassing the stock injectors using a computer controlled diaphragm of some variety. Once again this is a bit of hearsay and is subject to my translation skills while receiving the info in the first place (not all they could be especially regarding technical matters).

Not sure what the conversion kit price is locally but I could certainly check into it... Be happy to send a few out to some needy folks stateside but with the dollar the way it is not sure it would be cost effective.

Keep ya posted though.

oh, i am pretty sure it's still cost effective here the only thing is at NG stations are few and far between. notice i said NG because that is what they sell here. not sure if there is much of a difference between LPG and NG not if they are interchangable in such a system.