vg30 adjustable cam

87pathy

So, anybody have experience with advancing valve timing to move your power band?

I'd like to move it from about 2000 RPM's down to about 1500. What would you recommend? 10 deg?

I'm not sure what it entails but I think that would be a limit of clearance between the pistion and valves (i may be way off base here) ? and if the tolerance is 1 tooth on the TB I think that would limit your ability to change that...also you would have to change it based on the # of teeth per cam pulley (ie if theres 36 teeth you can adjust by 10 deg increments)?

Maybe lurk on a couple Z31 sites? If they're moving the powerband up maybe you can do the opposite to move it down a bit.

Or talk to Schneider Racing Cams. Dunno what adjustable cam gears will run you, but my reground cams were only $200

it can be done i know... what i'm looking for is how much and if anybody has had experience.

sure i can't put it out 90 deg then i'd be smashing things up.

If you look at the Z forums they do this commonly but htey are up for mor HP not low end torque

I'd just take them off, set them on my machine and re-drill as necessary. depending on how much.

• 3 months later...
it can be done i know... what i'm looking for is how much and if anybody has had experience.

sure i can't put it out 90 deg then i'd be smashing things up.

If you look at the Z forums they do this commonly but htey are up for mor HP not low end torque

I'd just take them off, set them on my machine and re-drill as necessary. depending on how much.

if i remember right each tooth on the belt is 5 degrees. i was off by one tooth when i put my last timing belt on. it ran really strong on the bottom end but wouldn't rev past 5k. but that may have been an issue with my TBI at the time. check on vgpowered.com and Z31.com redz31.com had a lot of good info before they took the site down.