Changing Battery

TheCROW163

Hey guys, just a quick question:

I'm planning to change the battery on my 98SE all stock :)

Is there anything I should know?

How can I do this without affecting or resetting the ECU or messing with any other settings of the truck? I'm afraid to mess up something.

Also what specs should the battery be?

Thankyou.

Battery should be at least 650 CCA. Make sure it's a model that fits in the battery spot in the engine bay. Some are too tall. Your parts store should know this.

Unless you can clamp the posts, with jumper cables to another battery, then take off the terminals, and reattach them to the new battery, you'll have your truck disconnected. It's no big deal. Reset the clock, and your station presets, and go.

Thanks Simon for the reply.

I have no problem with the clock and radio resetting, but I don't want anything else to reset or be affected in the engine or electricals or sensors :)

You sure do come up with a lot of questions :D

Parts stores can tell you the info. you need. As far as reconnecting, make sure it's positive first, then negative of course.

You will loose your trip mileage info. and all presets in the radio (unless you have an after market deck...that may save them) No need to worry about the ECU. Also, if you have auto. climate control it will revert back to 75 degrees (I think) blowing on your face.

Edited by navygz19