Cracked Manifold...How Much to Repair?

rod_b

How much should I expect to pay to replace a driver's side exhaust manifold? I've been living with it for a while but now the sound is just getting irritating and I can sort of feel a loss of power and gas mileage seems to be suffering. I know the dealership will charge an arm and a leg but if they break a stud, would they repair it free? Damn Pathy was supposed to be saving me money...

Edited by rod_b

A lot of times you can find manifolds oneBay for dirt cheap & I had a local shop (Father & son kinda deal) who installed it for a little more than $200.

If you don't have a regular mechanic that you really trust to give you a good price & to do a good job then just look around & ask different shops & don't be affraid to tell them that another shop offered it cheaper.

You chose a Pathy to SAVE money on gas? Wow, you must be the first. ;)

The Pathy was given to me. It's becoming a major restoration project.

Compared to my other ride, I'm saving tons. ;)

MyPRGTitan2_sm.jpg

Edited by rod_b

to me a cracked manifold is a good excues to get headers. even a low cost set of pace setters will not crack on you and give improvement on mpg(as long as you drive it the same) my thorleys cost me less than a new set of manifolds but the same might not apply for newer vehicles like yours.

Actually, headers are pretty rare $$$ for R50s. I believe the dyno gains (posted here a while back) were so small that they're not even worth it unless you plan on bigger and better mods to acompany them.

Actually, headers are pretty rare $$$ for R50s. I believe the dyno gains (posted here a while back) were so small that they're not even worth it unless you plan on bigger and better mods to acompany them.

Good call my friend, good call