She won't start.Help!

i lifted my pathy about a week ago, and went to start it today, but it wouldn't turn over. it would start for about 3-4 seconds and i couldn't give it any gas. i'm hoping it's just shavings from the fuel filler hose that i cut, clogging the fuel filter.

any help would be much appreciated. thanks

i lifted my pathy about a week ago, and went to start it today, but it wouldn't turn over. it would start for about 3-4 seconds and i couldn't give it any gas. i'm hoping it's just shavings from the fuel filler hose that i cut, clogging the fuel filter.

any help would be much appreciated. thanks

So, it won't turn over, but it runs for 3-4 seconds? Your logic eludes me.

[so, it won't turn over, but it runs for 3-4 seconds? Your logic eludes me.]

Sorry about that, probably a little too hard to read between the lines on that one. I should have said that when I normally try to start it, it won't turn over. However, if I pop start it, it will run for 3-4 seconds and act like it's getting no fuel. But this morning I went to start it and she "[TURNED RIGHT OVER]," and has been running fine.

Sorry for using all kinds of "ELUSIVE" logic.

[so, it won't turn over, but it runs for 3-4 seconds? Your logic eludes me.]

Sorry about that, probably a little too hard to read between the lines on that one. I should have said that when I normally try to start it, it won't turn over. However, if I pop start it, it will run for 3-4 seconds and act like it's getting no fuel. But this morning I went to start it and she "[TURNED RIGHT OVER]," and has been running fine.

Sorry for using all kinds of "ELUSIVE" logic.

Hmmm? a wire grounding out somewhere before the starter?