Shocks

The shocks don't give you lift...? If you're just talking about the shocks, I'm not sure about the OME or Calmini shocks, I haven't known anyone that have had them, it basically comes down to Rancho, Bilstein, or KYB, with some other brands tossed in there every once in a while...

Sorry for my ambiguity: I was looking at the entire susp. kit, which in the case of the OME, is just new rear springs and 4 shocks (you are supposed to crank the T-bars to get the front up). Calmini's 3"lift kit comes with their own brand shocks, and I have never seen them mentioned in this forum, or reviewed elsewhere. Still looking for any feedback on these products...

Yep, you do have to crank the bars to lift the front, but then more than likely you'll need new UCAs to allow the front to be aligned again. I've checked out the Calmini lift and if it was me, I would get their arms, their springs, and Rancho or Bilstein shocks.

Right on. =) Yeah, I dunno if this gives you any indication, but if you add up the prices of the Calmini components, springs, arms, and t-bars, and subtract that from the cost of the whole kit, that leaves you with the shocks adding another $50. =) I know that doesn't mean they're WORTH $50, because you undoubtedly get a deal for purchasing the whole kit, but they can't really be super-cool, y'kno.

Yep, you do have to crank the bars to lift the front, but then more than likely you'll need new UCAs to allow the front to be aligned again. I've checked out the Calmini lift and if it was me, I would just get their arms, maybe some AC or JGC springs, and Rancho shocks.

Just a tidbit of info, you can still get alignments with up to 2 - 2.5"" of T-bar cranks without new uca's. The angles aren't the best and that's where new uca's come into play. Just wanted to mention that new uca's aren't always necessary for an alignment. :beer:

Yeah, 88 lets that be known every now and again. :P j/k 88. =) But that's a good point; they're not necessary, but generally a decent idea. :beer:

:D:D:D

When I typed that out, I was just thinking what you said!

:beer:

Just a tidbit of info, you can still get alignments with up to 2 - 2.5"" of T-bar cranks without new uca's.

I cranked the t-bars and the front was lifted a little more than 1".

I guess I can go to 1"1/2 - 1"3/4 and have no problems in the alignment, so I'll gain some months for saving for new UCAs, am I correct? :unsure:

I cranked the t-bars and the front was lifted a little more than 1".

I guess I can go to 1"1/2 - 1"3/4 and have no problems in the alignment, so I'll gain some months for saving for new UCAs, am I correct?  :unsure:

Yes, you should be able to get it aligned no problem with what you are aiming for.

...Whoops, back to original topic...