New from NC

truckpath87

Just got an 87 red pathfinder, so far i love it, but my last ride was a lifted s10 blazer 1997 and so the pathy is gonna have some work to do to win me over completely,. a little nervous to lift it just yet but if you got any good advice for me im all ears, and let me know how they do in the southern clay

hell yea i live like 10 minutes from high point out in oak ridge, where is that place all your truck pics are taken, looks fun

The pictures with the OEM rims are from Person Co. (near the VA border) on property that was being turned into lots for houses, so they were bringing in tons of dirt or atleast this red crap everyone calls dirt, to fill in big trouthes & most of the swampy land that the lots are situated on now.

The pics from like 2 weeks ago are from a little ATV trail near there but its a bit tight & I am suprised I didn't get hung up (a couple of times) or come out with some major body damage (only got a ton of scrathes).

Really when I do get to wheel some fun sh!t is when I go back home to see family in the coal mines in WV & we run around old srtip mine trails & old logging trails (the last 2 times I've gone I didn't have my camera but I'll bring it next time). It's always alot easier to run those with 4wheelers but much more fun & challenging in the Pathy.

hell yea that sounds fun, you dont by any chance know any good places to go around us that are LEGAL do you, i swear ive dealt with cops 100 times in places that have the phattest trails but apparently only businessmen can go there hah, i hate havin to drive all the way to uwarrie just to wheel

As far as around here I don't know of any. Uwarrie is about it as far as I know.

But I've never been hassled by any Law Enforcement while offroading on private or public land. Of course where I like to go in WV there's not too many people, much less law enforcement, that try to get there. We do tend to run across a lot of homegrown "crops" on many of the abandoned mine/logging trails, if ya know what I mean, so thats really the only people you have to look out for.

ohh man I miss NC...you can go to URE and if you like the beach you can drive to the outter banks and/or Carolina beach to drive on the sand but theres no horseplaying or you'll get a ticket...my truck was on the beach almost every weekend in high school...there are also lots of trails up in the mountains but they're ususally easements and you dont want to run into a shiners property b/c they will shoot at you...but all around I've never had any issues with the law...if its posted stay out...easements are ok I think for the most part...I've never seen any posted and i've run up on some power crews working and didn't raise any hell in the area they were working in but just passed quietly and noone got pissed off or anything like that...as long as your not out destroying tree's and the land (other then obviously tearing up the ground of the already beaten path/mudhole) then i'd say your fine

yea carolina beach is fun as hell, wrightsville is my mainstay but everytime i go i take a trip down to kure to do some surf fishing and donuts if noone is around :), but ive had at least three power line and gas line trails gated off because of me and my buddies and im trying not to ruin too many spots for everyone else, i have bad luck i guess, there is one little place i still go but its converting more to bikes so its gettin too sharp of hills and jumps for a truck, but ill keep searchin and i appreciate the help anyways

Edited by truckpath87

watch the kure beach police...they suck...we used to go bang aroudn those woods all the time until 911 then they threw up lots of gates and guards...I miss the fishing out there...still sucks down on the south end since fran when the inlet closed but I havent been fishing in almost a year now and its killin me...

This summer I'm going to try to get some Halibut fishing in and if I get a new job I'll take a week of vacation (current job doesnt have paid vacation) and fly back b/c my buddy that has a place there is getting trading his 22' carolina skiff in on a 26'er so he can start some offshore fishing which would be awesome although I get sea sick after 10 miles with or without dramamean...

The fishing used to be a lot better but its still not bad esp back in the bays...there are lots of good drum and flounder spots